Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Wow last week was a killer!

I was a chaperone for a group of 1st and 2nd year Webelos Scouts at the annual Mustang District Day Camp. What a WHIPPIN! While I love these boys and love the Scouting world, spending an entire week in the Texas sun sure can whip your tail!

Monday, June 8 was about 95 degrees in the shade with zero breeze. I walked over 10,300 steps on my pedometer.

Tuesday, June 9 was about 92 degrees with a slight breeze. I walked over 10,100 steps on my pedometer.

Wednesday, June 10 was partly cloudy with a slight breeze and was extremely humid from a brief storm that blew through the night before but even with the humidity the clouds proved to be a wonderful respite from the sun and just helped give people the oooomph they needed to get through hump day.

Thursday, we were rained out due to torrential down pours and near tornadic winds that blew the Campsite apart!

Friday, we were relocated to a parking lot so the direct sunshine, no shade and lack of programming had me ready to leave after only being there an hour.

Photos to follow. :)


No comments: