Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

MOPS

It's the season in my life to attend MOPS again. I love MOPS. MOPS is Mothers of PreSchoolers. It's a faith-based organization for moms in the season of life that entails little ankle biters! :) Ha ha... It's a chance to go to a setting with other moms in like seasons to share some MOM time that will equip you to be a better Christ-follower, mother, wife and person.

When I was in MOPS with Drew, I made some of the best friends I've had in a long time. It's refreshing to have someone that's in that season with you that you can call and, more importantly, see on a regular basis to just feel like something other than "just a mom" a day or two a month.

Today was the first get together of our table--the blue table. I was 20 minutes late because Ben decided to nurse AND fill his diaper in the 15 minutes before we were leaving. Sigh. C'est la vie.

I am SO excited for the members and moms at my table. There are a couple that are just stinkin' beautiful! Seriously, I wonder what time they start getting ready in order to look THAT GOOD. One said she gained EIGHTY pounds with one of her pregnancies. The girl is a size ZERO (or a two, but that's about it) so I have no idea how in the world that oculd have happened. It gives me hope I, too, can be a size 6-8 again. Heck, I'll be happy with an 8-10 right now! :) There is a pregnant mom as well so it's nice to know that I won't be the ONLY one with an infant. A couple are like me with kiddos that are older and in school, too.

The only thing I wonder is if we'll have playdates. My kiddo can't play and I have all my "baby" toys in the attic. LOL. Wonder if I should keep them out "just cause".... naaah...

I see the start of some great friendships. I look forward to this time each month!

No comments: