Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

That's the way the cookie crumbles...

I'm on a quest. A quest to find the perfect oatmeal cookie. I found two recipes to try but they both called for quick oats which is something I simply don't have in my home. So, I resorted to using the recipe that's on the inside of the box lid for the oatmeal. I don't know if you can use quick oats and rolled oats interchangeably in recipes. Can you?

And so, they're okay but... is it too much to pine for the perfect oatmeal cookie?

I want them chewy, somewhat cakelike and delicoius. All the ones I find seem to be flat and crunchy. While the taste is still good, it's just NOT the kind of oatmeal cookie I covet.

So, ladies and gents -- if you know of a great chewy oatmeal cookie recipe (preferrably with nuts), I'd love for you to share with me.

No comments: