Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not quite a Harley... more like a Hardly

In the world of motorcycles, there are a few codes... one of them is the "hello" code. When you're approaching another biker, you lower your left hand and kind of hold it down and out to greet them as you pass by. It's cool. It's "in." It's a way to befriend another cycler on the street.

So, I'm driving to take Josh to Scouts tonight... I see a motorcycler in front of me. Beautiful Harley (and if you know me, I don't really like Harleys but it was pearl coat ivory... lots of chrome and was being ridden by an older "cool" guy. Coming toward us was a guy on a red Vespa (...read that as SCOOTER).. yeah, he was on a FREAKIN SCOOTER and I saw him... he stuck his hand out... HE STUCK HIS HAND OUT?!?! I was like...

WHAT
THE
HECK
ARE
YOU
FREAKIN
KIDDING
ME

That'd be like the Urkel of motorcycles... seriously, I felt bad for the guy. So, while one was on a Harley... I would say that chump was a Hardly!

2 comments:

brandt! said...

OM!! are you a biker snob?? I happen to ride a scooter ....
muhahahaha .... just kidding!!!!
Long time no read!!!

Frugal Vicki said...

Just so you know, this post got me and my husband in a dispute on if his mom drives a urkel motorcyle or not. I stay with she does.