Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

ADVENTures in Advent - Day 3

Today's bag contained a special treat of fine chocolate truffles for the boys to share.

The card I inserted read:
December 3:

Today’s Activity: Deliver holiday sweets to the neighbors.

Today’s Letters: D for Donkey

Discuss the 12 Days of Christmas – Day 3: Three French Hens

Tonight’s Movie: How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carey version)

I bought some Butterbraid bread from a friend in MOPS selling them for her daughter's school fundraiser. I let the bread rise overnight and then cut them in half before baking. Once they were baked, I drizzled the icing overtop and then wrapped some pieces of cardboard with festive Christmas wrapping paper and made a tag from some scrap paper I had in my scrapbook room. I let the boys deliver them to six of our neighbors.

Today's Letter is D. D is for the Donkey Mary rode on all that night.

The 12 Day of Christmas day three - Three French Hens stands for the Holy Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I also put in a little wood craft coloring kit for them to do.

No comments: