Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Resolutions Schmezolutions

I can guarantee you one thing, I will NOT be making any New Years resolutions this year, or any other year. Why? I think to myself, "Self, don't set yourself up for failure! Just don't do it." And by keeping the resolution to not make resolutions, I've succeeded!

Others however vow to eat healthy, exercise, quit drinking, quit smoking, etc., I know that those things will come when I'm ready to make a commitment to doing them. Well, except for the drinking and smoking part because I don't do those it'd be a little hard to stop doing them. Hee hee hee...


The thing I try to do instead of finding things to try to do is to find a word... one word... that I can help to resonate throughout the year in all I do. I'm trying to find my word for this year... A word that I can hang onto during good times and those not so good... a word that can be a guiding light and provide glory and honor to God. I have thought long and hard about this --as I do each year when I try to find MY word --and four words have come to me: peace, joy, contentment, charity.

I think that my word for the year will be....

wait for it...

....

...

...

...

...

the anticipation is killing you isn't it?

...

...

...

My word for 2011 will be "joy."


The dictionary defines "joy" as: the emotion evoked by well-being, success or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires; the expression or exhibition of such emotion; a state of happiness or felicity; a source or cause of delight.

I want to find joy in the moment. I want my children to see my joy in life and for that to be contagious. I want to be one that experiences good fortune this year by not letting life or it's little hang-ups get me down, but by keeping my countenance turned skyward, looking to the Spirit to fill me and my heart with great JOY!

1 comment:

Frugal Vicki said...

Okay, I was going through old giveaways and realized I sent the email that you won the reverse a purse to the no-reply on blogger! So you won! Tell me which purse, style, and of course address!!