Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stealing Sunday


Today we ripped this meme off not from a blogger but from a website that does (among other things) celebrity interviews. On Friday they asked 20 questions to recording artist Dwight Twilley. The site is called Pop Matters and you can read the original interview here. We enjoyed the questions so much that we decided to steal them! We only did very slight editing to make a couple of the questions more universal. We hope you enjoy latest our and greatest! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
Once I became a mom, I became a sap. Seriously, I got weepy-eyed at the newest Pampers commercial featuring little babies sleeping and it had a woman singing "Silent Night." Yeah, I've become one of "them," but it's okay. It's a unique club to be in and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

2. The fictional character most like you?
Dory from Finding Nemo without a doubt. My short term memory is almost non-existent. I walk into rooms constantly wondering why in the heck I was even there.

3. The greatest album, ever?
Wow, this is like picking favorites which I just don't do. I don't like the limitations on picking just one... I don't have one of these either because my musical preferences change with my mood, the time of day or the color of my socks. Seriously, no favorites.

4. Star Trek or Star Wars? Why?
Funny, I was just talking with the guy at Subway last night about this. I say Star Wars. Why? Why not? I always considered Trekkies weird. Star Wars was just ... COOL! Chewbacca... Han Solo.. C3PO... R2D2... Boba Fett... Jabba (unless it's Joey talking about snot-LOL)... Star Wars is just coolness - seriously, ask my 6 year old. A whole NEW era of Star Wars lovers has emerged!

Plus, Dr. Spok's ears just freak me out.

5. Your ideal brain food?
A balanced diet with lots of different colors and lots of vegetation. I strongly believe a plant based, raw-foods (I'm talking vegetation here, not meat or dairy), diet is crucial to helping the body heal itself. I AM a meat eater but I don't believe that animal protein should be only source of protein our bodies take in. Ideal brain food -- water, plants, some lean proteins and, most importantly, no processed foods!

6. Everyone is proud of a certain accomplishment, which one for you??
I don't really have anything that I'm most proud of. I don't do things for notoriety or anything. I'm proud of lots of things but one thing in particular just sticking out in my brain... I'm drawing a blank. Maintaining a 4.0 GPA in college is something I'm proud of but... in the "real world" who cares?

7. You want to be remembered for ...?
Being an honest woman of faith that is always there for her children, spouse and family... for being generous and charitable... organized... an amazing wife, housekeeper, cook and mom. Oh wait... that's me now! Ha!

8. Let's talk about recording artists. Who do you find the most inspirational?
Inspirational and recording artist -- wow, I don't think those words belong in the same sentence. Hee hee... With the upcoming artists being in their teen years and early twenties -- I don't have a lot in common with them so it's hard for ME to find THEM "inspirational." The older artists... I guess I don't find THEM "inspirational" either because, well, they've been around so long. So, from them I can find that I'm moved, but not inspired.

9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
Windows. And, I'm not talking about the kind on a house!

10. Your hidden talents . . .?
I like to think that I'm a pretty awesome cook. It's not a hidden talent. What good is a talent if you keep it hidden? That's like snubbing God for giving you a gift because you don't use it.

11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
If you lie to people, they won't believe you when it counts. Larry A. Wesson

12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
Hmmm... again with the ONE THING. I don't borrow much of anything from anyone because I have a hard time asking for help. I don't steal... have you not read the 10 Commandments? The best thing I ever bought... hmm... that's tough because, I don't buy a lot of anything so ... ??? wow, that's tough. I will say breakfast/lunch/dinner for the soldiers at the tables of TGI Fridays. Every time Josh leaves on a flight, we go there and I always pick up the tab for any soldiers dining there. Being able to say "thank you" in a small way to let them know that their service, time and devotion do NOT go unnoticed...that's the best thing I could buy.

13. What is the most comfortable clothes that you wear?
My pajamas...hands down! I love the flannel pajamas.. I love the fleece pajamas. I love them even though they leave my hair FULL of static cling... pajamas are my favorite, most comfortable wonderful clothes. I think every week should have a "Pajama Day" just for people like me to just stay in their pajamas all day.

14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
My husband.

15. Time travel: where, when and why?
Wow... that would be THE coolest thing ever. Would you want to go back in time and help someone that needed it before an accident occurred that changed their life forever? Would you want to go back and place a bet so that you were rollin' in the dough later in life (Yeah, I'm totally thinking Back to the Future here)... Would you want to go back and spend more time with someone who were sick and not around anymore? Would you want to go back in time and fix a relationship that now seems unrepairable? I guess, for me, it'd depend on if it were a one time thing or if it were just like I had a teleport stick and could go whenever I wanted.

16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac?
The hit man... ha ha. That's hilarious. Spa vacation -- I'm not "spa" material. And half of those "treatments" seem ridiculous to me. Prozac? No thanks - I'm not one to take any kind of drug stronger than Ibuprofen. I say... exercise or reading or cleaning. Those are what I do when I'm stressed.

17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or . . .?
Family.

18. Environment of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
Country! Where? Hmm... Colorado would be nice. :)

19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
My blog is not long enough to write all I'd like to say to him. I despise him. I think he's an arrogant son of a b$^!# and it will be a glorious day when he is voted out of an office he has no business being in.

20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
Christmas, Christmas parties, Christmas dinners, advent activities, my birthday, and 2011!

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Hey April!

Thanks for commenting at the creative crate! Photo editing is so fun, and there are A LOT of places you can learn. We will be teaching techniques here and there, and when I first started I used a lot of tutorials on youtube and books from the library on photoshop. they were way helpful!