Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday Mayhem - Annoyances of the Season


Join Us for Monday Mayhem

By now many of the happy feelings about the holiday season have turned to annoyances for some of us. Here is your chance to express yourself. Have fun!

1. What annoys you about the holiday music? Nothing really. I mean, there are songs that I don't particularly like so when they come on, I change them. But, holiday music-in general-is quite nice.

2. What annoys you the most about holiday shopping? I dislike shopping altogether so the idea of holiday shopping is grouped right on in with the rest of it. I like shopping when I have one specific item to get and I can find it online... on sale... with free shipping.

3. Tell us about someone you know who is annoying you right now. That wouldn't be very nice... now would it?

4. What is annoying you online this week? Nothing online because the week just started! Ha! Actually, it IS annoying getting twenty six thousand sales alert e-mails. It makes me want to unsubscribe from everyone!

5. Is there something that people say or do this time of year that annoys you? Argue about what this season and time of year and holiday is really about. It's Christmas season, not "winterfest."

CHRISTians celebrate CHRISTmas and to make it anything OTHER than that... unless you're Jewish celebrating Hanukkah, then SHUT UP!

No one forces you to buy gifts, put up a tree, hang a stocking and wrap presents... it's to celebrate Christmas and the GIFT of the LORD to humankind. IF you can't get that through your thick skull, MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE --and take the ACLU with you!

It's ABOUT CHRISTMAS!!!! It's a CHRISTMAS break from school. IF it were a WINTER break, they would do it in JANUARY!

Wait...what was the question again?

6. What is the most annoying behavior anyone can have this time of year? Greed. Or anyone who says Happy Holidays as per #5 above.

7. What is more annoying when you are shopping- screaming kids or people who cut you off in the stores or at the mall? Neither. I won't go to the mall and I have screaming kids regardless of what time of year it is so I'm used to that.

8. What is the one thing that does not annoy you this holiday season? Well, seeing that there really isn't a lot that DOES annoy me... I think that'd be a shorter list than what doesn't.

2 comments:

VandyJ said...

Hmmm, Christmas came about so the early Christians could co-opt the winter festival of the pagans of the time. It's Christmas but only because the pagans had a party time then anyway. Just saying:)

Anonymous said...

I like your answer to 5. Well done my friend. Come now there has got to be someone that annoys you LOL Spill woman...spill...Did I tell you my middle name is Annoy? LOL Thanks for stopping by my playground. Much appreciated. Have a great week ahead.