Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness with Groucho



Today we picked Groucho Marx. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. 'A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
What is a superstition that many have that you think is crazy?
Truth be known, I think all superstitions are stupid. Lucky charms... 13th floors... walking under a ladder... breaking a mirror.... it's all poppycock to me.

2. "A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running."
What were you in the hospital for the last time that you were admitted?
Bringing a little person into the world... his name is Benjamin. He was 8 months old on the 26th of November.

3. "Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse."
What payment do you make that seems ridiculous?
I don't make any payments -- Andy handles the bills! Ha! Seriously, I think it's silly to pay school taxes when we're sending our boys to private school.

4. "Humor is reason gone mad."
How would you describe your sense of humor?
Generally speaking, kind of dark or really dumb. For instance, Seinfeld was said to have had a dark sense of humor but I find it absolutely hilarious. Yet, I can totally still laugh my butt off watching Dumb and Dumber. That movie is comedic genius.

5. "I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it."
Who was the last person that you wanted to beat with something or other?
Josh or Drew... pick one or the other, preferably both. Ben is teething. He was SO exhausted from having naps messed up today and when I finally got him down for what was supposed to be his long afternoon nap, they woke him up 45 minutes later. He screamed for about an hour.

6. "I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
Would you ever like to change something about your face?
Sure, I'd like to get rid of the slight crows feet that are showing up.

7. "I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury."
I read an article recently that asked if marriage was still relevant. Other than to raise children do you see the point?
I absolutely see the point (I read that same article). Marriage is an agreement before God that you're taking one person to be yours and for you to be theirs forsaking all others. I feel more secure in a marriage than I would just "playing house" with someone. "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" my momma always said.

8. "If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."
Do you find that you tend to repeat your stories?
No, my memory isn't that good.

9. "There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says, "Yes," you know he is a crook."
Do you find most people that are in your life to be honest?
I would like to think so.

10. "Wives are people who feel they don't dance enough."
Have you ever felt that your significant other did not go out with you enough?
No, we can't really do much of anything right now as we have an infant. It's just a season in life. It won't last forever... when it is done... date nights will ensue.


1 comment:

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I'm irritated by this argument over the relevance of marriage. I think it's concocted by people that don't want to get married because they don't want to expose the shallowness of their own fake let's live together commitment.

That's a hot button topic with me!