Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Long night and back on the wagon

Last night was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong night. Long. Long. LONG. LOOOOOONG. Night. I think I may have received about 2 hours of sleep. Poor little Ben. He's still sick.






Insert binkie... stuffy nose... unable to breathe... and then it starts all over again. Seriously, I was almost AFRAID to go to sleep for fear he'd die or something. He didn't even get any relief on an incline which has worked the last 2-3 days. Poor wittle guy! It's sure to be a LONGER day for me today. He finally was just so restless this morning around 4:45 a.m. so I just got him up, nursed him, held him close and then went into the kitchen, plopped him in the Bumbo and got breakfast ready to make. Today we're (meaning they're) having homemade waffles (half whole-wheat) with a touch of cinnamon, bacon and fruit salad (grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, and pineapple) with glasses of milk.

Why does this kind of thing ALWAYS HAPPEN before I start an exercise routine so that I'm better suited just for my BODY to actually just take a nap and be rested or exercise, leaving myself even MORE tired? UGH!

But that brings me to my second topic...ladies and gents, I'm back on the wagon.

Regardless of the ginormous status of my bosom due to nursing which also leads to my inability to actually RUN, I'm still going to attempt to lose weight. I'm back on Weight Watchers. I was just digging around on their site and saw that they had measurement trackers. While I hate this... I love it, too. I don't tend to see pounds just fall off (especially while I'm nursing) but I'll love to see inches melt away.

So, back on the grind of eating healthy, lots and LOTS of salads (gotta have the roughage) and drinking all my water, taking my vitamin which -- when you think about it -- means I'm taking care of ME and making ME a priority.

And, so for MY breakfast today, I had 2 cups of 1% milk with a sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast (love those!) and a Smart Ones breakfast quesadilia topped with picaunte sauce. It was good. It's a start. My goal - allbeit - a small one for now is to lose 5 pounds a month. Hopefully more, but that will put me at losing 30 pounds by February. Our cruise is in March and that will be just perfect for me. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Keli said...

Good Luck!!!! And I hope Ben feels better! I know it stinks when the little ones aren't feeling well. :(

brandt! said...

yay for you!!! you'll do it .. it sounds like you ready and committed! Good luck!