Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Manic Monday



Manic Monday #222

Imagine you can only keep 5 things that you have (people not included). What 5 things would you keep? Only fiiiiive things? Wow, that's such a small number. Why don't you just say three and make it that much harder? If people aren't included, are dogs? I mean, I'd HAVE to keep my dogs. They're living, breathing creatures which... well, heck... after keeping those I'm down to three. Why don't I just take a big tall glass of shut the hell up, huh? Other items I'd want to keep... my hard drive as it contains my backed up photos. I don't want to lose my precious memories of my boys. I'd want to keep... wow, well, when it comes down to it, my pictures and my dogs. Everything else is pretty much replaceable -- to some extent, right? How about a clean pair of underwear? Ha! My grandma always said that you should wear clean underwear in case of an accident. Not that you wouldn't soil them anyway if something bad were to happen. Ha! Gross, I went from talking about my precious pictures to crapping my pants. Next question...

What's the hardest thing you've ever had to learn? The hardest thing I ever learned was that sometimes you have to take the path less traveled. It's less popular... people don't understand it... people condemn you for it... people turn away from you for having done it but in order to be your true self, sometimes you just gotta do it.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I'm going to... keep trying to live the best life I can for me and my boys and wonderful hubs.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh that really is a hard question! Only 5 things? nope, I don't want to play, but I'm with you, I'd have to keep the dog:|)

Anonymous said...

The path less traveled definitely alienates you from many people, mostly because they're scared of being taken out of their comfort zone by your deviating ways, but it only brings you closer to yourself. I like your answers!

Mine are up too.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

You my dear always crack me up, a tall glass of shut the hell up. Oh yes can I have one of those for this house please.