Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Talk to the head and tippie toes

That's pretty much what it is now at night. Ben isn't my little snuggly cuddler anymore. He wants me to talk to the back of his head and that's generally the view I get. He's growing more independent (of course) which means that it's probably time to wean the little guy to a crib of his own. Insert a big Facebook DIS"like" here. I love snuggling with him.

I know there are a lot of people out there that don't agree with the whole idea of co-sleeping anyway. I know it's not for everyone--nothing is. I like it for the simple fact that a) I get more sleep b) I'm right here if/when he needs me and c) they're not snuggly forever so I get to cherish this time with him. I'm certainly not worried of having a 2 year old in my bed, but I can't say that I don't love my little 5 month old in there with me. I can be sure of him... I can check on him and I'm not trudging up and down the stairs several times a night. For me, for now. It works. I love it and frankly, that's all that matters.

The other thing he's done lately is play footsie with himself. It's truly adorable. At bathtime, he will kick kick kick but his feet aren't too far away from one another and he always goes back to one right atop the other. Too cute!

1 comment:

chksngr said...

Noah has been in his crib from the beginning, which is good because he's a loud sleeper...just like his brother...BUT when he's tired, he will sit so peacefully in my lap, with his hands over mine around his belly..it awesome! I totally get the snuggling, carrying, loving all over them while you can thing...I love that they come to get hugs and kisses, that they hang on to my hand so tightly, that they want to be in our bed first thing in the morning, under the covers, tickling and laughing and rolling over one another. Its a huge blessing, those moments together!