Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Five Question Friday



Welcome to Five Question Friday! The easiest, most fun blog hop around! Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky to appear Friday morning!

1. Where did you meet your spouse and did you instantly know it was love?
We met at Gators in Bedford (yes, it's a bar) and I really liked him but I wouldn't say "instant"... I wanted to make sure he wasn't full of crap ... you know, like men tend to be. I was immediately smitten, however. I never let HIM know that, however.

2. What is your favorite room in your house? At the moment, whichever one is clean! Seriously.

It couldn't be Josh's room because it's a den of tween. What does that mean? It equates to piles of clothes that you generally have to sniff to know if they're clean (or not), random shoes, guitar picks that stick to the bottom of your feet when you step on them, an open (and crusty) tube of toothpaste on the sink and an uncapped tube of deodorant just thrown random places. No thanks.

It couldn't be Drew's room because of the open Lego containers. That is a serious hazard to the soft, tender soles of mine feets! No thanks.

It couldn't be anywhere near the man cave... that's the testosterone zone.

It couldn't be the kitchen (unless it's clean -- which right now, it's not.)

It couldn't be MY room because it needs carpet.

It couldn't be the playroom because the carpet needs to be cleaned (as does the playroom).

It couldn't be... ok... you get the point. I need some help this week. Anyone? Anyone?


3. Can you wiggle your ears? Sure, if I use my hands. (My dad can, however, and NOT use his hands! I know... it's just amazing. I think he should win an award or something, shouldn't he? Ha!


4. What is your evening ritual? Make dinner, feed the family. Clear the dinner dishes. Put away leftovers. Clean the dishes, pots, pans. Dry the hand-washed items and put them away. Send the older two upstairs to get ready.

I would like to insert here that at this point I WOULD LIKE to then go upstairs and read Drew a story (this DOES happen, just not frequently enough to my liking) and then go read Josh a couple of chapters from a book.

Scoop up a generally tired, fussy baby. Let the dogs out. Put Ben in the playpen while I run his bath. Bathe him. Dry him. Diaper him. Dress him. Put him back in the playpen while I pee, brush my teeth, put on my jammies, put on some lotion and pull my hair back in a headband. Then I nurse him. Let the dogs in. turn off the lights. Crawl in next to my little angel and we sing a little. I turn on his little Glowmate Junior and watch it change colors as he talks to it and gets sleepy. He falls asleep generally within ten minutes and me about 15-20.

5. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? To function six. To not be a witch... eight. I would, however, love to sleep about 9-10 some days... heck, maybe even TWELVE!!! That'd be... amazing... but I fear the rest of my children would starve. You see, I love sleep. I believe it's grossly underrated.

No comments: