Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Wickedness with Rick Gervais



Today we picked Ricky Gervais. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “Why by a book when you can join a library.”
When was your last trip to a library? It would have to be... about a year ago. I just tend to go on Paperback Swap and get the books I want rather than go check them out.

2. “People see me in the suit and they know I'm not fooling anyone, they know I'm rock and roll through and through.”
Does your attire properly represent you? Absolutely. I rock the mom attire! Stretchy pants, sweat shirts, Nikes and a hat!

3. “I'm from a little place called England ... We used to run the world before you.”
Do you feel the United States really runs the world? Perhaps once upon a time. Not anymore.

4. “No one grows up saying 'I hope I work in an office one day?' And that fascinated me. People from 16 to 65 are just thrown together and that is a tantalizing mix.”
When was the last time that you worked in an office like that? Ummm... 8-10 years ago

5. “Where there's a will-there's a relative!”
Do you have a will? If yes, have you ever changed it? I do but it's very, extremely out-dated and needs to be updated.

6. "When I see a toreador in a bullfight getting gored I think: `Good, you shouldn`t be in there`. What is the pleasure in seeing an animal speared to death? It`s the same with fox hunting. They`re just psychopaths.”
How do you feel about bull fighting and hunting? Well, being in Texas and NOT being an advocate of "sport" hunting doesn't make me quite popular. I will say that I absolutely adore the wilderness, the outdoors and animals. I don't believe in killing anything you don't intend to eat. I don't believe anyone that hunts should be able to FEED their PREY. If you are using a feeder to get your mark, you're not a hunter. To HUNT means to actively seek something. If you use a feeder you're waiting for them to come to you. Surprisingly enough, that's not hunting. Anyone who likes to kill, for the fun of killing is a psychopath.

7. “Money gives me the creeps and mildly embarrasses me. I get paid too much anyway.”
Have you ever thought that you were over paid for a job? Of course not.

8. “I hate lateness. I hate people who are late. There is no excuse for turning up late for anything. I`ve never been late for anything in my life. I was actually born a week premature, because I wanted to be early for my own birth.”
Are you usually on time for things? Generally, no. What's even funny about that is that I hate being late. I don't care if I plan everything and give myself ample time, SOMETHING happens and I'm late. I'm married to someone who likes being late. It's annoying.

9. “I have plenty of pet hates. I can`t stand people scraping their plate or slurping their soup. I can`t stand waiting in lines. I hate people talking inanely about the Lord Of The Rings. I hate people whistling. But I`m not like this because I`m famous. I`ve always been a grumpy bastard.”
What are your “pet hates”? Do you have an hour or two? I hate people with Jesus fish on the back of their car that cut you off in traffic and the flip you the bird -- hypocrites. I hate people that lie about their age. I hate hypocrites. I hate child molesters and those who abuse animals and the elderly. I hate that our country is being run by a freakin' moron who has his intentions of completely ruining our country and raising the debt so that the Gross National Product is LESS than the DEBT we owe. How is that even possible? I hate people living off of the government assistance instead of getting a freakin' job. I hate people that will talk about you behind your back and not have the nuts to admit what they say when you call them on the carpet. I hate all the video ads on web pages that cause it to load/run slowly. Commercials. Drunk people. Illegal aliens having more and getting more rights than nationals. Criminals having cable/satellite, health care, medication and access to law libraries when the victims they preyed upon didn't. People posting messages about it's "love your child, brother, mother, sister, husband" week on Facebook -- all in the same week. Does ANYONE know what week it really is? There needs to be a collective movement. When dogs drag their butt across the carpet -- makes me want to clean the carpet immediately just so I won't step on any invisible butt-yuck. That there are enough ding-bats out there to warrant "the people of Wal-Mart" site with continual updates. Do that many people REALLY not have a clue? People who threaten suicide. Politicians. All those dumb fliers that are posted to the door. Telemarketers. Charities that don't give more out than they take in and their organizers are making MILLION dollar salaries. People that write computer viruses -- get a freakin PRODUCTIVE hobby, seriously. Having to press "1" for English. The sound of a fork being scraped across a plate -- it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. The word "uber." People that live vicariously through their children instead of acting like an adult. People afraid to BE a parent and wanting to be their kids' friend. Disrespectful kids. Children in public with runny noses -- the runny kind that is like... going into their mouth. People that KNOWINGLY take their sick kids ANYWHERE they are going to be around OTHER KIDS. Racists. Racial jokes. Anything having to do with celebrity. Getting home to find out your drive-thru order is screwed up. Seriously, I could go on... and on... and on...


10. “I don`t like all this stupid Gollum begat Wobblo and the Oompa Loompas and...Oh Jesus Christ! There was too much "Oh, God, here come the gloodloys..." Christ Almighty, what are they talking about!?”
Are you a fan of “Lord of the Rings”? Absolutely!

No comments: