Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday Wickedness with Steven Tyler



Today we picked Steven Tyler. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. And the things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those that got there first.
When was the last time that you wanted to do something, it was done before you got there?
I doubt it was anything worth getting upset over. I mean, I liked the deal on http://www.peachycheap.com/ a couple of days ago but when I clicked on it, it was all sold out. In the grand scheme of life, that's not a big deal or anything worth pouting about.

2. As good as I am, I'm nothing without my band.
Do you feel there is anyone you could not do without?
My husband and my children....well, and my parents for that matter. My husband works so that I can stay home and raise our family and care for our home and make sure things here are taken care of. I respect him so much for that and so I try to honor him by cooking good foods, staying within my "budget" and always showing him the respect he deserves in front of the boys.

3. Back then it was nothing like today. So you'd go to the bowling alley. We bowled and you could be in the back and you could make out, you know? And you know how hot it was to make out.
When you were young and innocent, what place did you make out?
Mid Cities Skate - everyone made out back in the back corner by the air conditioner or whatever that big vent thing was.

4. Drugs will get you out of your own way, but we lived it, and that's dangerous. It can actually turn around on itself and steal your soul, and that's what happened.
Were you ever temping by something that could “steal your soul”?
Drugs? Never. I am too much of a control freak to let something stupid like that screw up my mind. I don't understand addictions of any sort for that matter. I think people that have them are weak... and they need some self confidence and a backbone...

5. Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.
How do you deal with sorrow?
I cry. Then I evaluate what the situation has meant to me... what it means to me... try to learn from it and move on. Dwelling in sorrow just isn't a way to live life.

6. Fake it until you make it.
Did you ever have dreams of making it in showbiz in some capacity?
Doesn't everyone? I love to sing. I love to act. I'd have loved to have done either... MINUS the celebrity. The thought of people nit-pickin' EVERY.SINGLE.SOLITARY thing you do, say and wear for the rest of your life... I wouldn't put a price tag on that.

7. Humility is really important because it keeps you fresh and new.
What keeps you fresh and new?
My three sons.

8. I don't mind being a grandfather.
If you are a grandparent, do you at first “mind it”? If you aren't, how do you think that you would feel about it?
I'm not a grandparent and I BETTER NOT BE for a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNG time! :) Josh is only 11. Give me 20 years and I'll be near ready. I'm sure I'd love it but right now, having a TEN MONTH OLD (today) I can't even think of being excited about another baby.

9. I grew up in New Hampshire. My closest neighbor was a mile away. The deer and the raccoons were my friends. So I would spend time walking through the woods, looking for the most beautiful tropical thing that can survive the winter in the woods in New Hampshire.
Do you enjoy winter where you live?
Not really... I'd like more snow.

10. I have to get inspired by something that touches my soul, or rocks my soul.
What rocks your soul?
Life. People. Music.


2 comments:

Brandt! said...

move to Maine ....i should send you a picture of our truck and the snow banks!
Lots of snow here .. I'm craving for 80's..!!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Steven Tyler is a bit scary for me! I'm pretty sure he was doing drugs six months ago. I don't get how he's suddenly some kind of rehabbed role model.