Link up here for your Saturday 9 fix!
Saturday 9: Best Song Ever
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here. (This is their official video and it begins with a skit; music starts at 2:25.)
1) Dancing all night to the best song ever would be good for the cardiovascular system. When is the last time you exercised? A true full weight lifting session was in October. That's sad. I hate being sick. I'm starting back in February -- sick or not!
2) The girl in this song is the daughter of a dentist. "Dentophobia" is fear of dentists. How do you feel about going to the dentist? I absolutely dread going to the dentist. I just went in December. Crown. Root canal. Fillings. It was enough to send me into a full-blown panic attack. However, I was sedated. Because of that -- and ONLY because of that -- was it an okay experience for me. I hate the dentist. Have I mentioned that? I have to go back, too. I have this thing with people sticking their hands in my mouth. It's worse than fingernails on a chalkboard for me. I can't explain it but even TALKING about it here.... makes every muscle in my body completely tense up. It's RIDICULOUS....but I can't help it! KARMA -- I talk about them...and they called me JUST NOW! I need to schedule the rest of the crap. Is it bad if I just ignore them? :(
3) One Direction performed this on Good Morning, America. Do you watch morning TV? If so, which show? I don't watch any TV. If it's on, it's on for my boys. I know 250 and 260 are the Disney Channel and Disney Junior. That's about the extent of my knowledge. I think people spend far too much time engaged with this idiot box than having an actual dialogue about something that truly matters. People know more about fictional characters on a series than they do about who is running our country. They can name how many people the Bachelor slept with in a weekend, but not one person who represents them in Congress. It's shameful...
4) Listening to upbeat pop songs like this one makes Sam feel young. When is the last time you participated in an activity commonly connected to children (like swinging on a swing, drinking chocolate milk, playing a board game, etc.)? I have three children so this is probably an every day occurrence for me. Yesterday I danced something akin to the chicken dance with my 3 year old. Why? Because we can...and he thought it was funny. Day before I tried to limbo with Drew (he won). Josh (14) is too cool to do anything fun.... teenagers suck. I, however, will never grow up. It's highly overrated.
5) One of the boys, Louis Tomlinson, was an actor before joining the band. How many different professions have you tried? What were they? I've worked in the fast food industry before (first job was at Colters BBQ. I've worked for AMR which is a telemarketing business affiliated with American Airlines. I've worked for a non-profit association affiliated with the meat industry and Texas A&M. I've worked at a grocery store as a clerk. I've been an assistant bookkeeper. I've been in the emergency services field at the sheriff's office in Colorado. I've been a paralegal liaison for the welfare office and the child support enforcement unit of the District Attorney's office. I've run a law firm. I've been a family law paralegal. I've been a corporate paralegal. I've tried my hand at several things... law is my preference, however.
6) The fans that have made One Direction millionaires are also the target audience for series like The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and Wimpy Kid. Do you read Young Adult literature? I have read The Hunger Games trilogy in six days. It was an easy read but the writing was good. I see why it was bought by Hollywood. I also ADORE Harry Potter. I have yet to read the Wimpy Kid series as I'm not a big comic fan. I like words to paint pictures, not comic strips to do that for me. While I have and do and likely WILL read young adult literature, I won't tie myself to any particular genre. I just love to read.
7) If this is the "best song ever," what song do you consider the worst? Tell us which song just sets your teeth on edge. Truth be known, there are far too many to list. And that song... that song is FAR from the "best song ever." And why are you talking about teeth again? Are you trying to send me into a dental-induced freak out! However, I'm not above giving you one of the many on the list....
8) One Direction performed at the Royal Variety Show for Queen Elizabeth. If you found yourself presented to Her Majesty, what would you say? First off, I wouldn't be "presented" to her. I wouldn't be "presented" to anyone. What would I say? Nothing. I wouldn't ever be in the presence of royalty and I'm totally okay with that. I have no desire TO be in the presence of royalty. The entire royal clan does nothing for me. Plus, I would not take any sort of etiquette lessons so as not to offend her shan't I curtsy or bow properly. Cause... ya know... I bow to NO one. She's just an old lady in a hat and I'm unimpressed.
9) Right now, is your life moving in the right direction or are you feeling a bit aimless? Yes.