Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

You're Welcome



It's time again for Sunday Stealing.  Where they steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Today's meme is The Fast Dozen.

What is the last book that you passed on to someone else to read?  Dog Heaven.  I had a friend recommend this book to me when we lost our dog so I purchased it... then had a friend have to put their dog down and I gave it to her to share with her boys to help them grieve.

The one song you secretly or not so secretly want to sing at karaoke?
I'm not afraid to sing anything at karaoke within my vocal range, obviously.  I just don't make a habit of it anymore since the bar scene really isn't my thing.  

If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I wouldn't.  

What do you wish your administrator or boss would notice?
I am my own boss.  I wish I would notice that I'm important, too, and to make MYSELF a priority more often.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
There are far too many to list.  When you're OCD, things tend to get on your nerves a lot more easily than your average bear.  Not my biggest, but one that just came to mind was the fact that I received an e-mail on Friday from a business that contained not one, but TWO grammatical errors.  I really wish that people would take more care in their communications when they are representing a large business.  

What holds you back in pursuing your biggest dream?
Priorities.  My family is my priority.  My children are my priority.  My needs are taken care of.  My wants are being pursued slowly until I can dive in head first in an active pursuit.  Until then, I'm content.  I haven't taken my eye off of my biggest dream.  It's still there.  

Photo Source

Why do you think you are a lovable person?
The better question is -- Why wouldn't I?  And even if I'm not, look at this cute pig!
Photo Source

If every day had an extra hour in it, what would you do with it? 
Breathe.  It's very important to breathe.  If you don't, you'll be dead.  Unless there are smelly socks... then death may be a better option.

The last song you turned up in your car or house was?
Heard this on the satellite radio this morning.  

What is a secret talent you may have?
I'm Batman.

Your favorite thing to do outside when it's not too cold out in the winter?
Hike
Photo Source

How do you respond if someone asks you an inappropriate or nosy question?
It depends on who they are.  I tend to be truthful to a fault.  Furthermore, I believe that people ask questions because they want to know.  What they choose to do with the information they receive is not really my problem.  Therefore, I am quite judicial with the amount of DETAILS I may provide.  If it's MY information to share, generally speaking, I'm happy to oblige.  I mean, I ask lots of nosy questions, but it's generally because a) I want to know and b) I care.  I wouldn't ask if I didn't care.  I don't really consider many things "inappropriate" because filter levels for "decency or political correctness" are particularly arbitrary.  If we all refrained from asking what we want to know because we may deem a question inappropriate, we would never move away from walking on egg shells around everyone.  We share because we care.  Right?

That being said, if someone asks something I don't want to answer, I will spew complete and utter nonsense or 100% sarcasm back at them.  

Then again, I spew that every day... so people probably don't know what they're getting with me 99% of the time anyway.

It's a gift.

You're welcome.

Photo Source

4 comments:

Paula said...

I am glad to know that it is you who is Batman...he won't scare me anymore now! I have always been afraid of Batman...Have a great Sunday April. Take some time for yourself!

Stacy said...

Fun answers and that is one cute piggy!

I've never heard of that book, but I think I'm going to have to look for it. It seems everywhere I turn someone I know is saying goodbye to a beloved pet (I did 2 years ago) and anything that offers comfort would be welcome.

Pearl said...

fun. and that is a cute pig.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Girl you find the best pic's to add. LOVE the pig :)