Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stealing Sunday

Sunday Stealing stole the Ask Me Meme from "Just keep swimming." -Dorthy, Finding Nemo

1:What was the last argument you had about?  
I don't argue.  
Photo Source

2:How long is your longest relationship?  
Lifelong... Shannon, my first best friend, is still one of my closest friends.  I've known her for 36 years.  Hey, Shannon, I stole your picture off Facebook!  :)  Doesn't she have beautiful blue eyes?  

3:What is something not many people know about you?
I have Crohn's disease.  Silent trouble.
Photo Source

4:Two truths and a lie. Go.
I drove through an automated, gated parking garage arm, breaking it off.  No, I didn't leave a note.
I would rather be in the company of people than be left alone.
I refused to pull over on a highway, forcing my friend to throw up in her new cowboy hat.
Photo Source

5:Do you believe in fate/destiny?
I may say it, but it's just because it's something to say but do I actually believe that future events are just left to chance by some controlling power is the explanation for what happens in the world... yeah... no.

6:Where is somewhere you’ve always wanted to live?
I've always wanted to live in an urban area... in a high rise apartment in the downtown of a city.  I nearly did when I lived in Ohio before we chose a townhome because we just wanted some "yard" too badly.  I think it would have been worth it to do then, before having kids, but I never did.
Photo Source

7:Has there ever been a song that made you cry?
Of course.  Music is a huge part of me.  Angels Among Us is one I still - to this day - cannot listen to because it reminds me of my grandmother.


8:Do you jump/scare easily?
Yes.  I also hit, slap and punch the offending parties.  You've been warned.
Photo Source

9:Which birthday has been your favorite?
They all kind of equally suck.  The ones from when I were younger were much more fun and it seemed nice that people actually went out of their way to do something for ME ... You know... that I didn't have to plan myself to celebrate "me".  Now, if anything is to happen, I have to plan it.  That's totally f'd up and so I say f that and I don't want to do anything.  My grandmother ALWAYS made me a homemade birthday cake.  She took the time to wrap a present.  Little things like that -- they mean the WORLD to me.  Now I get zero effort.  Zero cake.  Zero nothing.  It's pretty sad so I would rather just not bother with anything.  Isn't that nice?  Frankly... since you asked, I think birthdays are pretty damn special.  Without them, you'd be DEAD!  You SHOULD be celebrated and effort SHOULD be put forth... 
Photo Source

10:Have you ever been pulled over? Arrested?
Pulled over?  Absolutely.  Arrested.  Absolutely not.
Photo Source

11:Have you ever been to a fortune teller?
Does my grandmother count?  My maternal grandmother thought she was psychic, had crystal balls all over the house, read tarot cards and did numerology.  She even did a radio show.  I don't believe any of that crap.  Never have.  Never will.
Photo Source

12:What’s your favorite series of books?
I don't have one.  I am, however, rereading Harry Potter right now so it's ONE of my favorite series, but again, I don't play favorites.  It's not fair.
Photo Source

13:Who is someone that you think knows the most about you outside of family?
I'll never tell because divulging that information means that someone would know who to waterboard should the shit ever hit the fan since... ya know... I'm Batman.  You mustn't divulge such secrets.

14:What is the weirdest thing you've eaten?
I don't eat weird things.  Fear Factor... I would NOT be a contestant.
Photo Source

15:List one of your quirks.
I have many.  I can't walk barefoot on anything but sand.  I have to have on slippers, socks or flipflops.  
Photo Source

16:State 1 bad habit of yours.
Being on my phone too much.
Photo Source

17:Has a scary movie ever given you nightmares?
YES!  There are too many to list... why the hell I watch those stupid things is beyond me.  I did see Paranormal Activity and then would freak out wondering if I was the one that left the door open or wondered if something was set down in another place but was moved.  I guess I would't say they were "nightmares" but it did freak me out!!!
Photo Source

18:When was the last time you got your hair done in a salon?
A long time ago... I am not real good on the maintenance thing.  I'm the anti-high-maintenance thing.  Seems like you need to find a way to live within how you're made rather than throwing away ridiculous amounts of money for vanity purposes.

19:What was the last thing you did with your friends?
Went to the movies

20:What’s something that you like to do that others might see as weird?
Camp.  I like to be unplugged and in the middle of nowhere... in the quiet... cooking over a campfire... sleeping in a tent.  No electricity.  No phones.  No running water.  
Photo Source

21:What was the last trip you took?
Vegas.  October 2013
Photo Source

Want to join in?  Visit Sunday Stealing



1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I love to camp. It was what we did as a family, and it was great. Now I sort of camp out in an rv, but we still make campfires and cook out.

Also, your posts are so very fun to read. Grear answers and photos,too!