Saturday 9: That's My Kind of Night
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here. I'm not familiar with Luke Bryan.
1) In this song, our hero offers to take his girl down to the river to catch a catfish dinner. What is your favorite seafood? While I don't consider catfish true seafood, I do love me some fish. As far as actual food from the "sea", I enjoy shrimp... crab, crab legs, lobster.... I'm not big on squid, oysters or clams. I've never eaten anything really adventurous like shark or anything. Grilled scallops are DEEEEEEElicious!!!
2) Luke Bryan went to Georgia State University, home of the Panthers. What was your school mascot? Elementary school - Torchlighters (don't ask, I have no idea.... those who light the torches of others.) Junior High - Lions. High school - Vikings. Post-high school, I'm a bit of a mutt because I have attended several schools. However, the one and only I hold any allegiance to is Texas Tech.... but that's just loosely because I don't need a label with which to identify. They do sport two of my favorite colors, however. :) My husband played football there... and my dad attended there as well... so we're a little bit of a Red Raider family.
3) Have you ever tried acupuncture?
Not only no, but HELL NO. The thought of some freak sadist putting needles in my flesh... while I just willingly lay there doesn't give me cause for rejuvenation or relaxation. It completely stresses me out just thinking about it! Being a human pincushion is not something on my bucket list. I've heard it works wonders so perhaps if I were ever in need to be poked, I would consider it... I'm not, however, so I won't.
4) Just last night, Crazy Sam threw away a jar of Miracle Whip because it expired in September 2013. Is your refrigerator neat and organized? Or is it a disaster area, like Sam's?
I try to keep it neat and tidy and I purge it routinely. I'm rather OCD about the organization of my pantry and fridge. However, it's allowed to fall into disarray from time to time when there are gobs of leftovers. See my fridge below...
5) Which is more important to you -- saving time or saving money?
I believe time IS money so saving time IS saving money. I have a busy schedule so something that saves me time makes me more efficient. Time=money. Therefore they are BOTH important. Some things, however, are worth paying for. (Housekeepers, for instance.)
6) Sam's next door neighbor is named Jim. He's retired, smokes a pipe and drives a red Corolla. Tell us about one of your neighbors.
I have a retired neighbor, Ross, who is a recent divorcee though (she's still very present at his house). He has a dog he rescued that he walks a couple of times a day and drives a Porche. That's about all I know.
7) What's the most recent magazine you flipped through?
Memory Makers Magazine. I have a scrapbook shelf full of these that I use for inspiration from time to time when my mojo is blocked. So sad that they're no longer in production.
8) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash right now?
My vehicle can ALWAYS use a trip to the car wash. Today is absolutely NO different. It could use a twice-over with a vacuum as well. Someone needs to quit giving Benji snacks because he inevitably drops them (on purpose) and the floor of my car looks like the crumb catcher in a toaster!
9) Did you hit the snooze button this morning?
I don't have a snooze button. I'm weird like that. When my alarm (or Benji) goes off/gets up, I'm up. Period. One and done. I can't stand the constant hitting of the snooze button. It makes me want to punch baby seals.