Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dealing with the inevitable

Drew's waking up at 6:45 a.m. or earlier each day.

He spent from 11:00 a.m. on calmly, quietly and exhaustedly watching Power Rangers and asking for a binkie -- which isn't a good sign he's going to last very long. Me wanting to go to a Southern Living at Home party that starts at noon just wasn't going to fly. Man and I so wanted to go. :(

When I went to put him to bed, it INEVITABLE that whatever stuffed animal he brought down at 6:30 in the morning, he's going to ask for and I will not have remembered to bring it back upstairs. My knees, hips, old body can't take up/down of the stairs like these little tikes can -- just downright ticks me off getting old! It's for the birds I tell ya!

And this kid, too, has the binkie recollections of an elephant. Mind you, he has about 6 that he sleeps with... but whatever one is MISSING of those 6... he will inevitably ask for it. MADDENING! Sorry, Drew, mommy didn't know where Mickey Mouse was and if I find him, TRUST ME... he'll be put back in your bed!

Got some work to do... :) Just thought I'd share.

No comments: