Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Official Reports

I don't know about you but I get so sick and tired of every incident having to have a full investigation and then a report that does nothing more than point fingers at everyone else.

Point in case, Virginia Tech. Yes, there was a homicidal maniac on the loose on campus. Yes, people died. Yes, it's tragic. Yes, they didn't "connect all the dots." ... yadda yadda yadda... so they do an investigation timeline and discover that things should have been handled more expeditiously -- well, cna't they always? I could use their expertise in handling my "lets get out the door by 7:35 a.m." routine apparently.

Can't ANYONE just say.. you know what, the guy was a nut.. he was deranged.. he had a mission and there's nothing you could have done to stop him short of just ASSUME he was a mental case and then act on that assumption... but then think of the flack people would have taken for THAT (ASSUMING)! I shudder at the thought of what political correctness has done to the world. They all want to cry out he's "sick" he needs "help"... sometimes, I just think some people are beyond help. Look at the loonies for 9/11. Everyone pointing their fingers at Bush... ??? like what the heck did he have to do with it... that's like .... you install an upgrade on your computer for Internet Explorer and it causes your computer to crash so YOU blame Bill Gates for the probem. I mean, give me a break. If people would get off their soap boxes and DO SOMETHING about the problems rather than sit around and belly ache about them... imagine what a great world we'd live in! :) Hard to believe we really need a news channel 24/7. And the bits they choose as lead stories, sometime just blow me away (at how stupid they are). I wish that for every 1 negative story they told, they had to tell 3 positive ones. I used to think being a news anchor would be such a cool job but now that I really have had a chance to look at it... would you really want to be the one responsible for passing along nothing but negativity all day?

I think this is just another case of when it's your time to go, it really just is...so you need to live your life to the fullest now... and be at peace with your enemy... and make your life right NOW, not tomorrow becuase you never know when it really is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. We've had a serial killer in the Lansing area which they just caught. After 5 people died and at least 1 injured, and they blame the police force. Well, blame the nut job that was out killing the people.