Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

My Fun Friday!

Friday was actually filled with excitement!  The painters were due to show up this morning between 8:30 and 9am to begin the complete transformation of my casa.  I chose a Behr paint that is a gold color.  It's called something like Rye (I'll look it up).  And you know, stupid me, forgot to go around snapping "before" photos so I'll just have to wait NOW until it's all put back together to have some AFTER photos at least to share! 

So they got here about 8:45 am and immediately started in on the main color change -- the upstairs halls (2 of them), the 2 story cathedral rounded staircase foyer (say that 10 times real fast) and my formal dining room with -- again -- the (wasted space) cathedral ceilings.  They also repainted my laundry room in the same gold AND the hallway that is an entry from the garage into the kitchen (and the playroom!)  I absolutely love this warm color.  It actually seems to lighten the color of the floors and the crown molding just POPS now! 

My dad came to my rescue this morning and helped move all the furniture and such away from the walls so that they could focus on painting!  It's been AWESOME!  Drew had school ("jungle class") and I was told that he moved up another reader level!  Way to go son!  I'm so proud of him!  He's such a smart kiddo!

Josh skipped his sculpture class as he was busy helping my dad put together the Billy bookcases from IKEA that are upstairs in the niche and that will now house the children's library! 

Then, it was time to get all packed up for Saturday's adventure!

No comments: