Wednesday, July 17, 2013
I put on my big girl panties and dealt with it!
We continue marching on with July's challenge at Paula's Place. Today's topic: List seven random facts about yourself. Link up here.
Hmmmm... let’s see.
1) I don't drink coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker. I appreciate the smell. I think it smells delicious. However, lets' face it -- it's bitter. I don't like... "bitter". I don't like bitter people, I don't like bitter weather, I don't like bitter beer. Bitter = bad. I do, however, like coffee-flavored-sugar-milk. What's that you ask? Well, that would be a coffee with about ten creamers and eleven sugars. At that point -- and only at that point -- is it palatable.
In fact, not too terribly long ago, I reallllly needed a quick jolt of caffeine and so I chose the Dunkin Donuts drive through. This caused panic and anxiety. I actually posted on Facebook pleading from my "grown up" friends to inquire how I'm supposed to even ask for a damn drink because since I don't drink coffee... I don't speak coffee either. I but I gots me a coffee!
I did it, however. I put on my big girl panties and dealt with it! I got some iced coffee thing with Splenda. It was okay... needed more Splenda.
2) I like animals more than most people.
3) I hate my toenails unpainted. They must always be painted. I can't however, stand to have them any weird color like green, black, orange... they must be red, maroon, coral or pink. That's it.
4) Along the same lines, I HATE HATE HATE having my fingernails painted... and I will never have fake nails. I can't stand that crap.
5) I made my first best friend,
Shannon, when I was five years old by spilling a snowcone all over her. That was 35 years ago... we're still friends today! :) HI SHANNON! (This photo is a couple years old... but the friendship behind it is still going strong!)
6) I can type over 100 words a minute. It's true. Now, if I could just use this for a purpose while staying at home.... THAT would be awesome. I could do like a typing marathon! Iron Man Typing contest! I could start a type-a-thon where we raise money for shelter animals! I could start: Typing For A Cause. You know..where you type stuff...for a cause. What would we type? We would type letters. We might even spell something!
7) I made homemade focaccia bread last night...and even had some... and it was YUM-O! I love to bake. I bought a new book on bread baking. I'm going to try to make a new type of bread each week until I've perfected it. I love baking from scratch but my kneading skills are quite rusty. Plus, I need a good place to put bread to rise. My house is quite drafty it seems. What's a girl to do?