Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Forgiveness

Today's prompt is to write a letter of forgiveness to some one you've held a grudge against...leaving names out of course.


I'll be completely honest here... I don't hold grudges.  I've been wronged in the worst way to be wronged by people whom I was supposed to be able to count on.  I've been let down totally and had my inner circle turn their back on me.  I've had lies.  I've had betrayal.  I've had distrust.  I've had hate.  I've had jealousy.  I've had all KINDS of "bad" happen with people who were supposed to be there for me and... then they weren't.

However, I decided many years ago that holding onto a grudge isn't worth the energy.  The only person I have control over is me.  The only action or response to an action that I can control... is mine.  Hate and negativity are energy zappers.  The fastest way to have joy sucked from your life, is to give someone else power and control over your emotions. Harboring hate because of a grudge is giving someone else control over your peace.  Don't do it!


Come link up and join us at the MRS. & the MOMMA every day this month with the #NovemberBlogathon 





1 comment:

Paula said...

You are so wise. I hope to be able to feel this same way someday. I have to stop giving my control away.