Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Simple Woman Daybook - 11/10/14



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it is dark... it's dark and 68 degrees.  The high today was 81 and it's supposed to be 32 tomorrow at some point.  Change... it is a comin'

I am thinking... of my friend, Jenn, tonight and hope that she is sleeping peacefully and that Molly is handling the job of caregiver with ease.  I'm thinking of Kristin at the loss of her beautiful dog.  I'm thinking of all the Scouts in Troop 1910 that received awards at the Court of Honor tonight that I didn't attend.  I am thinking I sure hope the black dye in Josh's hair washes out in the next few weeks. I am thinking of loved ones out of town... and for their safe journeys home.

I am thankful...  I'm thankful to be organized.  I am thankful to be able to coordinate and provide meals for the Hunter family so that they can circle around their matriarch and see that she rests and heals.  I am thankful for Ambien CR otherwise I would likely not sleep much more than 3 hours a night.

In the kitchen... I made a delicious pot of chili which we served over Fritos and cheese and topped with purple onions.  It was delicious.

I am wearing... a grey long sleeved, v-neck knit pajama shirt that is covered with what looks like teenie little black silhouettes of either Labradors or cats.  I'm gonna say labs because I'm not a cat person.  Sue me.

I am creating... I'm still creating my Personal Monthly Schedule tweaks so that it's JUUUUUST right in time for next year's production.  I'm creating my Christmas lists.

I am going... to bed shortly.  It's 10:25 p.m.

I am wondering... if my dog, Lucy, who gets kicked off the bed each night and put into her own kennel to sleep resents that.  She looks so comfy.

I am reading... I actually have a few books on my kindle that are new but I haven't yet started them because I've been reading books about the connection between autoimmune diseases and diet and how to promote healing from within coupled with essential oils.

I am hoping... for there to be some sort of answer for the ailments that plague me without me feeling like I'm a one legged duck trying to get to shore.

I am looking forward to... honestly... getting my strength up to get back in the gym and get back on track with my eating.

I am learning... that I'm okay as a work in progress.  I'm not "stuck" in my current state (weight, measurements, etc.) as this is just where I happened to stall out while the recent flare hit.  I'm learning it's okay to have down days and to actually eat what I feel like on days when my stomach isn't 100% just because I know that's what's going to work to help me feel better.  Completely counterintuitive but something has to give... and my freakish control pattern has to.

Around the house... we are mostly dust free thanks to Stacy!  She came and cleaned on Friday and we are clean.  It was just like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders to have some help.  Upstairs is an organized pile of clothes from S, M, L, to XL that we sorted trying to find pants for Drew.  No such luck.  No clue where any of them are.  Truly bizarre to have like... all the pants... just... disappear.  

I am pondering... how long it's going to take for my left middle fingernail to grow back because I bashed it off today down to the quick and it's annoying me to type... or scratch... or pretty much use it for anything.

A favorite quote for today... "I love you"  It was said multiple times today.... it was meant every time.  Family.  Friends.  People close to my heart... they know they are loved by me because "I love you" is going to come out of my mouth at some point.

One of my favorite things... Ghiradelli Peppermint squares were in the store today and I totally treated myself to a bag.  Benji ate one.  I fear he may try to eat the whole bag because he knows that they're mine and I love them and they're my favorite.  He may disappear mysteriously if that happens.  Just sayin'.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Tomorrow we were supposed to have a Cub Scout campfire flag retirement ceremony outdoors at a park but we've got a wicked winter system supposed to blow through and take temps from 82 today, down to 32... So, wicked winds, burn ban, crazy cold weather -- we rescheduled.  Dogs to vet, kids to eye doctor, lots of taxi service and cooking.  Oh, and there is a little Varsity District Playoff game on Friday!

A peek into my day... I was a driver/chaperone for Benji's preschool class's library trip.  The cutie in pink is his best girlfriend, Bella.  They're quite an awesome pair.  



3 comments:

Jodi said...

Bell is adorable! Hope it was a fun field trip! Have a great week!

Mrs. Pepper said...

"I love you" is the best quote ever!

Feeling like a one legged duck trying to swim to shore is no fun. Hope you'll find what's wrong a get to feeling better.

Blessings~

Paula said...

I love this! And I love the Quote!! I hope I can keep Darian interested in Boy Scouts long enough to get his Eagle. Without his Papa his interest is waning.