Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Let's Get Physical

Friday 11/7 - Tell us about your health/exercise routine.  Do you have one?  Tips?  What works for you?

Well, back in the day I would wake up at 4:30 a.m.  usually without an alarm.  I would go into the kitchen, make a glass of cold water and have a banana.  I'd pour a drink mix into my gym bottle of water that had a lot of b vitamins added to it.  I would kill it at the gym!  I followed Jamie Eason's Live Fit FREE program online.   After my workout, I would shuttle kids and do whatnot and then eventually have breakfast.  Something clean.... healthy.... in fact, I was eating so clean and so healthy it pretty much threw my entire digestive system into chaos and I had no idea what was doing wrong.  But something was very real.  Something very real was very wrong.  Finally diagnosed, I had crohns. I had lost 30 pounds.  The weight loss was awesome.  The Crohn's, notsomuch.  

I began reading the book It Starts With Food... to educate myself how this book... this one book had helped cure people's digestive systems.  I soon after began a Whole 30 diet.  It sounds crazy but if you have the time and the commitment, you can do it!!@!  Something with that Whole 30 threw my entire digestive system into a tailspin and I wound up in a gastroenterologist's office followed by colonoscopies and upper GI's which led to the diagnosis of Crohn's.  

And ever since my emotions have run the gambit as to what I shoud do.  I've gone from straight on "fuck this all" to "eat clean now"  to, "a little dairy isn't going to kill me" to.... who makes all these hard fast rules.  

So at the point that I am now.  I am going to be a full system reset.  Having a plan because, as MawMaw used to say, "Fail to plan, plan to fail."  And when it comes in terms of meal planning she couldn't BE more right!  And that, my friends, is my HUGE downfall as of late.  The planning bites the big one!

Fitness for me...   lots of weights, lunges and some cardio sprinkled in.  I'm not a cardio whore.  I've seen fat girls that could run marathons.  I dont think you become fit just because you can run a mile.  You become FIT when you eat right 80% of the time and give yourself 20% wiggle room... fresh food, never processed and PLAN PLAN PLAN and follow the Jamie Eason Live Fit plan to get your ass in the gym lifting weights!

Jamie Eason's Livefit Trainer — Phase 1, Day 1

She's taken the hard part out for ya... she planned it out!  And her recipes are DA BOMB!

Why don't you see what the rest of the bloggers are doing on the November Blogathon hosted at the Mrs. and the Momma.  #novemberblogathon






1 comment:

Paula said...

I wish I was better with this whole fitness crap. But I'm not. I've gain a bunch since I stopped working and caring for Richard. Now it is time to kick myself in the butt and get going towards losing it