Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Movies

I have watched, not one, but THREE movies lately! Again, I can think those late night and early morning nursing sessions for it but, seriously, I have some serious ADD. Typically, even if I want to see a flick, I can't force myself to sit still for two hours and do nothing but stare at a screen. I'd rather do something productive and, call me crazy, but sitting on my arse staring at a screen .... seriously does absolutely nothing for me. Even if the movie is a good one, it's almost still not worthy of my time. Does that even make sense?

Now, I will say that one of the movies was at the theater (before baby). We saw (and it could be misspelled) Shudder Island with Leonardo DiCaprio. Honestly, it was weird, but I did like it. During one of my nursing sessions, I finished Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood (again, it could be misspelled) and while I called the ending... I still thought it was a fantastic movie. He plays a grumpy, racist old man really well. And, last but not least, I saw Love Comes Softly. It's a movie starring Katherine Heigl and Dale Midkiff. It was directed by Michael Landon, Jr. so obviously it's pioneer-Little House on the Prairie type movie. It's about a woman who is widowed while on the move to find a homestead with the love of her life. She doesn't know what to do... buries her husband and then is approached by a complete stranger asking to wed for convenience sake (as many marriages were back then)... so that she had a place to stay and his daughter has a mother figure. It's a beautiful love story and I absolutely loved it! I'm excited to learn that there are a series of movies based on a series of books. I'll gladly order the books now from PaperbackSwap.com... and the movies are in my queue. I love, love, love a great love story! I love love love good western type movies, too. For instance, Open Range is one of my favorite movies of all time.

1 comment:

Mary C. said...

We saw Shutter Island and thought it was great! 4 out of 5 stars. Gran Torino is one of our favorite recent films too. Love me some Clint. And Love Comes Softly, I have seen 3 times on the Hallmark Channel. I stayed up till midnight a couple of nights ago to see it again. We are very alike, Miss April.