Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring is in the air

spring(: Pictures, Images and Photos

I love spring! The trees are budding, tulips popping up from their winter slumber, the smell of freshly cut grass, baseball season starts, the desire to get OUTSIDE and ENJOY THE WEATHER hits you! However, while I do love spring, I don't enjoy it as much as fall or winter. Why? Let's face it, not everyone looks good in a pair of shorts but almost anyone can work a pair of jeans and a sweater! Also, that winter "moon tan" you're sportin' doesn't look so hot in a pair of shorts as it does in jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt.

So, while it does bring elements TO look forward to, there are probably as many elements that I already hate about it...

1) Why can't everyone get on the same page/time when they're going to mow and edge their lawns. Don't they understand that by coordinating this activity, it will alleviate all the dogs barking at all the neighbors at different times? This way they can all have their bark fest at the same time and then we all can collectively enjoy the open windows and sunshine together without the WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRR of the weedeaters afterwards.

2) Why can't we enjoy spring without all the pollen that causes my husband's allergies to go into overdrive... forget overdrive... they're in hyper drive... That pollen enters his nose at mach 10 and doesn't leave. I feel for the man.

3) Why can't my neighbors HEAR THEIR FREAKIN DOG that is right OUTSIDE. THEIR. DOOR? I (the neighbor two doors down and BEHIND YOU) CAN HEAR the bark... bark... bark... bark... bark... bark... barking NON FREAKIN STOP. Put the dog in the house before I feed it some "special" meatballs. OMG that is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves!

4) Why are there birds are chirping at ONE IN THE MORNING outside my window??? WHY? Do they not realize that it is not MORNING YET? Seriously! I want a loaded shotgun with an open range to fire!

5) I think spring is a female season. It's a season that can't make up its mind. For instance, why is it freezing in the morning and hot in the afternoon? It's so hard to put away your winter wardrobe when it's 40 in the morning and near 80 in the afternoon. The air conditioner and heater get a workout in the same day. It's bizarre and a little shocking to the senses.

Oh spring... it's a love/hate relationship... it almost makes me want to just say, "COME ON SUMMER!"

No comments: