Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursdays!

Today I'm going off of my alphabetic kick to list the reasons why I'm THANKFUL to be the MOTHER OF BOYS!
  1. I get to be the queen bee at my home... forever.
  2. I am the sole source of estrogen which means I'm the ONLY one that gets to PMS, have volitile mood swings and change her mind for no apparent reason... just cuz I'm a girl.
  3. I don't have to worry about having the period talk... and then wonder if she will listen to her body's clues or just ruin her clothes every month until she figures it out.
  4. I don't have to pay for a wedding (traditionally speaking, it's the bride's family that foots the wedding bill).
  5. I have no children that will be known as "bow heads."
  6. I have to prepare no Disney Princess parties.
  7. There will be no ruffles, tulle, taffeta in my home.
  8. I don't have to share my clothes with anyone... ever.
  9. I do not have to immerse myself in pink or purple.
  10. I don't have to worry about someone coming in to interrupt me or watch movies on The Hallmark Channel with me... it's certifiable "me" time.
  11. I don't have to succomb to the world of Barbie.
  12. No diva tantrums... ever.
  13. I get to hear pretend battles with the coolest sound effect explosions, bullets, lasers and such every day!
  14. Star Wars! Nuff said!
  15. I get to be the cool mom because I will shoot a gun, pick up a frog, dig for worms, bait a line, fish, go camping, make a fire, and teach them how to love the outdoors... and not leave them unexposed to nature because I'm afraid to break a freakin nail or get dirty or worry about bugs or snakes or ...
  16. I don't have to fix anyone's hair... other than mine. Baseball caps for EVERYONE!
  17. I get to teach these boys how to respect, honor and cherish the women they love... how to be great men... how to be leaders... how to care... for and about those that they love.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being the mother of a girl, girls or all girls... but I certainly feel extra special God chose me to be the mother of boys. :) Just proof that HE knows me...

No comments: