Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thankful Thursdays!

It's that time of the week again when we give thanks for a specific theme of something that we're thankful for.

What am I thankful for about SPRING?!

  • The ressurection of Jesus Christ - Easter is celebrated in the spring and what a better reason to be thankful that your redeemer has risen!
  • Green grass! I love being able to see the green peeking through the lawn. It'd be one thing if we lived where it snowed because during the winter when it snows, everything looks blanketed in pristine white flakes.... it hides all the bland, yards of dead grass that are slumbering. I'm also thankful for how the smell of fresly cut grass fills the air this time of year
  • Springtime rains - I love the smell of rain in the air.
  • Flip Flops -- it starts my flip flop season. I'm thankful for my flip flops. I love them. I need to find a new pair that is just like them!
  • Bluebonnets and wildflowers-- I'm thankful for the beautiful miracles that God sprinkles all over Texas this time of year!
  • Sports -- I'm thankful spring starts (the real) baseball season (although our town has fall baseball too) because I love watching my little Yankee team play.
  • Fresh fruits and veggies -- I am thankful for the bountiful harvest that God gives the farmers! I love farmers' markets and can't wait to go to them. Home grown tomatoes are THE BEST!

No comments: