Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Clutter Be Gone!

Ever since before Ben made his arrival, I've been on this purge sensation. Now, I haven't actually gotten to the whole purging OUT of the stuff yet, it's more in a pile to be purged at a sale. BUT, it's being purged and progress IS progress, my friend!

One thing I've been wanting to do for a couple of years was something with the boys DVDs. We had an awesome Elfa wall storage thing from The Container Store but since we moved the playroom, it doesn't really work so much. So, Plan B was called into play. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a HUGE binder that holds about 375 DVDs or CDs. Problem solved. I went through and alphabetized all the boys DVDs and then put them in the binder sleeves in alphabetical order. At the end of each letter, I left one 4 page sleeve open in case we purchase any new DVDs with that letter. There is even space for a "miscellaneous" section and the last two pages are nothing but Christmas movies. I LOVE having their DVDs in one location.

If we travel, we'll just take out 5-10 of the DVDs from teh large library and put them in a smaller travel case. I love it!

Oh, and the cases? I advertised that I had them for free on Freecycle and they're ALREADY GONE! Clutter gone! I went from 175 DVD cases I was having a heck of a time storing to one binder full of alphabetized movies.

It's a good thing.

2 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Look at you go! the boys would scratch everyone if I did this. Perfect idea for when they older.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

We did that with CDs but wondered what do you do with the cases? I tried to throw out a box of empty CD cases twice. My hubby said keep them because they were like a trip down memory lane for him. When we moved this time I didn't ask and threw them out.

Do you still have the boxes?