Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Stealing

The guys at Sunday Stealing go about the blogosphere finding memes to steal from other blogs. I like to participate so here we go!

1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course). Definitely a wrap around porch. Definitely! I'm a sucker for the old country farmhouse with the wrap around porch or even the old, plantation style homes that have wrap-around porches (mostly, in the South, out of necessity as the shade provides a break from the sun but still just as beautiful!)

2. What is your dream car? One that is paid for. Ha ha! Seriously, I don't have a "dream" car. I want one that is functional for the point in my life I am in, the insurance is reasonable as is the gas mileage while still looking somewhat sleek. Right now it's a mini van... It's a dream car because that's what meets those criteria. In the end, however, it's just a car. Who cares. I'm not defined by what I drive.

3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog? I don't know if this will count but probably my iGoogle Reader. It's NOT a blog but it allows me to FOLLOW my blogs!

4. iPhone 4 or Droid, which do you want? I know nothing of either so neither.

5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up? Doing something special for others typically cheers me up.

6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate. See #2 above... about the minivan... yeah, most people seem to have the same feelings about minivans that I did. They're just jealous that I've got the swagger wagon!

7. What do you want to be when you grow up? Old.

8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance? Absolutely not. Life is enough of a reality show for me.

9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up. (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.) It's funny that the question gives you all these options and then says "only" as if there are any other teachers. I mean, in college, they're professors, right? I loved my elementary school teachers. They were everything that elementary teachers were supposed to be... and more. Mrs. Carol Schober was one of them (4th grade) that was just extra special to everyone she came in contact with. Then again, I loved Mrs. Morris, my 3rd grade teacher. She was a former Marine Drill Instructor and I remember her being honored at our school one day and receiving a military award. It was really cool. I always had the teachers everyone said were "bad" and "mean" and "strict" and they were always my favorite teacher of the teachers for that grade level. I'd say it'd be a toss between my 3rd and 4th grade teachers.

10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do? I'm too Pollyanna and Jiminy Cricket to do something like that. I'd take the pass and let it go.

11. What were you doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago would be Summer of 2000. I was caring for a little boy who was a little over a year old. We were getting read to move from Beavercreek, Ohio, to Irving, Texas, to live with my father while my (now) ex was getting ready to attend dental school at Baylor in Dallas.

12. By this time next year, I ... will be well below my goal weight! Heck, I hope to be there by Christmas. They say nursing moms are only supposed to lose one pound a week. Phooey!

13. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing? I'm somewhat sexist with the typical "roles" associated with a few things male and female. I hate listening to women sports casters. I just know that they sound ridiculously fake and frankly, I just don't like it. When you can don pads and a helmet and take a tackle, then you've earned the right to be a football sportscaster. Until then, shut your piehole. I seriously don't like them. Not.At.All. I think that a female President could be elected in my lifetime but I seriously doubt it. I think it would hurt relations with a lot of potential allies. Why? Because many nations do not see women as equals...thus our nation would be less than equal or superior.... not that there will be much left of it after Obama has his way.

14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime? TV show? Wow... I don't know who any of the TV hotties are anymore because I don't watch TV. :( Is Rick Springfield still on General Hospital? Bwa ha ha ha...

15. What is your greatest pet peeve? I have too many. Seriously, I do. Sometimes I feel like a witch because of it and wonder how my wonderful husband can stand it. I can't stand going through a drive through and the person taking my order and my money is rude. I can't stand telemarketers at dinnertime (when they always seem to call). I can't stand that my kids can't seem to not just throw their shoes all over the floor ultimately leaving them for me to trip over. It bugs me that I'm the only one that notices when the toilet paper runs out and the naked, cardboard roll is on the holder still but now with a roll of toilet paper sitting atop because it requires too much effort to change it out and put the empty roll in the recycle bin. People that don't recycle bug me... the world isn't disposable. ... Like I said, seriously, I could go on forever. I'm a neurotic mom.

16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles? I haven't had a trip of more than 100 miles recently. Sorry to disappoint. :)

17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? Dictionary. Though I do love to flip through the thesaurus. A strong, diverse vocabulary is such an awesome skill to possess.

18. Do you have a nickname? What is it? Not really. My friend, Eric, calls me Tater because I will say "Later tater" to him. My husband calls me "honey" and the boys (depending on their mood) will call me "Mom" or "Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom" (the latter of which is extremely annoying.)

19. What are you dreading at the moment? Starting my diet tomorrow, figuring out what I'm going to feed the family for the week and planning our week of fun... and now apparently Drew's week of tournament baseball games... for fun. Yuck.

20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers? I don't worry about much of anything anyone else thinks because if I wasn't my true self, I wouldn't be a sincere person. I don't have to have the popular or the right answer for them. I have to have the right and truthful answer for me.

21. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship. Sadly, my last relationship to end was a friendship. It was ended by... two words... long distance.

22. What were you doing this morning at 8am? answering this

23. Do you have any famous relatives? Not that I'm aware of... I know we're descendants of Robert E. Lee or some famous historical figure but I don't recall.

24. How many different beverages have you drank today? None. Wow, I need to go get a drink. We're almost out of milk and I have to go to the store so I didn't want to drink the last bit.

25. What is something you are excited about? Josh coming home on the 26th

26. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group? I have done it monthly for the last 2 years at Cub Scout Pack meetings. Speaking before groups of people doesn't bother me at all.

27. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? You have GOT to get a hairstyle AND a tan.

28. What were you doing at midnight last night? Thankfully, I was sleeping.

29. What’s a word that you say a lot? Thanks.

30. Who is your worst enemy. Me.


2 comments:

brandt! said...

Yes ... wrap around porch! I love those ... and I loved my mini van when I had it before my truck. It was perfect for when the kids were young, it carried EVERYTHING .. but when the transmission went .. it wanted something different.
I love your comment about life being a reality show .. so true! Last weekend my daughter and I watched a reality show for the first time .. the housewives of NJ .. OM! Can you say "get a life?"

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I adore warp around porches. My current porch doesn't have a roof (really it's a stoop) and it doesn't wrap around, but you can't always have the dream!

I'm glad you were sleeping at midnight too and I hope you're almost through the toughest part of that with your newest little one.