Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Certificate of Merit

Today was the big day... my first pack meeting as the Cubmaster for our Pack. Silly, I know, but I was a bit intimidated at first at the very thought of speaking before parents. I've never had a problem with public speaking (or singing). But I actuallyhave to act like I KNOW WHAT I'm TALKING ABOUT NOW!

Don't get me wrong, I'm GREAT with kids but parents give me the heebie jeebies. However, my Committee Chair, John got the night started off right and having great Scouters there like Jeff Palmer and John Woods there to welcome me and support me was a big help to boost my confidence level.

We started out the night with a gathering activity to get the boys to mingle... the winner was awarded a bag of marbles to him earn his marbles loop and/or pin. Then the meeting was officially kicked off with John and a very HIGH ENERGY scream. It got EVERYONE's attention. It was truly a night like no other... we had two Eagle Scouts in attendance that started out as Tigers with our Pack... the LEADERS SANG!!! We had a great skit... Jeff/John led the audience in a FUN SONG.... The popcorn kernels did a fantstic job. Bill got a pie in his face... we had lots and lots and lots of fun... as soon as I get the photos uploaded... you'll be able to check out the fun at www.pack317.org (I do the website there too!) :) BUT...the highlight of my evening was not only having my family there... but also watching my son, Josh, get recognized by the Boy Scouts of America with a Certificate of Merit for saving Drew's life (from drowning back in June). He received this Certificate from the National Court of Honor. Michael Brown, our District Executive was on hand to present it to him... it was just very special and I'm glad that he knows what a big deal it was... Here is my hero... with his well-deserved award.

Photobucket

1 comment:

chksngr said...

AWWW!! Look at how CUTE he is!!

Jay would say, "AWWWW...You so CUTE!!!":) lol...