Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Lists

Anyone that truly knows me knows that I am a listmaker. At any given time, I have any number of on-going lists in various locations, at various states of completion. But I'm not only a listmaker, I am ALSO a compulsive perfectionist which means that when I cross more than two or three things off said list, I must rewrite the list because it's then ugly and cluttered with things that have been accomplished. It's truly an ugly cycle of insanity but alas, I continue to do this day in, day out.

Then along comes the Palm Pilot. What a genius idea. Perhaps I shall store all my lists in the one handy, dandy spot and voila... it's there at the ready... electronic and all. It's the perfect solution... until I want to print OUT the list which means that it's NOT perfect because how can you do this? I need some kind of printable list software for my palm. Grrrr... why can't I be more technically geekish so that I can develop just what >I< need -- screw everyone else... doesn't everyone know that it's all about ME anyway! HA HA HA (that's a joke, son!) Until then... I'll continue my paper lists... perhaps finding another place to put my lists will be the next task ON my list. :)

But there are a few other lists that I have saved that I do like... one is the 100 greatest novelty songs... check these out. :) Some of these... I used to have when I was a kid on some LP's. One was called Dumb Diddies and the other album was called Looney Tunes. I would love to find those again - not that I have a freakin record player to put them on but STILL! :) For nostalgic purposes perhaps.. NO.. that'd be more clutter... ok... at least I can stroll down memory lane here... with you... in the comfort of my own home... but when I used to listen to these albums... I was in my house on Woodoak Drive probably sitting on my bright green bean bag on our three-tone green shag carpet... in my room with my white walls and yellow/orange printed bed spread. It was a great room... and this.... this is a great list...

1. They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa - Napoleon XIV
2. Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett & the Crypt-Kickers
3. Charlie Brown - The Coasters
4. The Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley
5. Alley Oop - The Hollywood Argyles
6. Witch Doctor - David Seville
7. Open The Door, Richard - Dusty Fletcher
8. Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah - Allen Sherman
9. Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy
10. Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor - Lonnie Donegan
11. Mr. Custer - Larry Verne
12. The Flying Saucer (Pts 1 & 2) - Buchanan & Goodman
13. King Tut - Steve Martin
14. Eat It - "Weird Al" Yankovic
15. The Streak - Ray Stevens
16. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) - The Chipmunks
17. Disco Duck - Rick Dees and his Cast Of Idiots
18. Transfusion - Nervous Norvus
19. Ahab The Arab - Ray Stevens
20. Junk Food Junkie - Larry Groce
21. Time Warp (from Rocky Horror Picture Show) - Transylvanians
22. Along Came Jones - Coasters
23. Leader Of The Laundromat - The Detergents
24. Gitarzan - Ray Stevens
25. Tip Toe Thru' The Tulips With Me - Tiny Tim
26. The Name Game - Shirley Ellis
27. Fat - "Weird Al" Yankovic
28. My Ding-a-Ling - Chuck Berry
29. Snoopy vs. the Red Baron - The Royal Guardsmen
30. Rubber Biscuit - Chips
31. Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport - Rolf Harris
32. I Put A Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
33. Basketball Jones featuring Tyrone Shoelaces - Cheech & Chong
34. Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead - The Fifth Estate
35. Another One Rides the Bus - "Weird Al" Yankovic
36. On Top Of Spaghetti - Tom Glazer &. the Do Re Mi Childrens Choir
37. Dead Skunk - Loudon Wainwright III
38. Smells Like Nirvana - "Weird Al" Yankovic
39. Curley Shuffle - Jump In The Saddle Band
40. Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - Brian Hyland
41. Osama Yo' Mama - Ray Stevens
42. Valley Girl - Frank Zappa
43. Beep Beep - The Playmates
44. My Bologna - "Weird Al" Yankovic
45. Convoy - C.W. McCall
46. The Chanukah Song - Adam Sandler
47. Dinner With Drac - Zacherle
48. Shaddup You Face - Joe Dolce
49. Pac-Man Fever - Buckner & Garcia
50. Why Don't We Get Drunk - Jimmy Buffet
51. Dancin' Fool - Frank Zappa
52. The Twelve Days of Christmas - Bob and Doug McKenzie
53. My Girl Bill - Jim Stafford
54. The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun - Julie Brown
55. Like A Surgeon - "Weird Al" Yankovic
56. Shriner's Convention - Ray Stevens
57. St. George And The Dragonet - Stan Freberg
58. The Mouse - Soupy Sales
59. The Mississippi Squirrel Revival - Ray Stevens
60. Disco Sucks - Chuck Wagon & The Wheels
61. Fish Heads - Barnes & Barnes
62. Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen
63. I Lost On Jeopardy - "Weird Al" Yankovic
64. Lumberjack Song - Monty Python
65. Don't Eat the Yellow Snow - Frank Zappa
66. Cows With Guns - Dana Lyons
67. Seven Little Girls Sitting In The Back Seat - Paul Evans & The Curls
68. Living With A Hernia - "Weird Al" Yankovic
69. Santa Claus and His Old Lady - Cheech & Chong
70. You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd - Roger Miller
71. Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies - "Weird Al" Yankovic
72. Big Bruce - Steve Greenberg
73. Stranded In The Jungle - The Cadets
74. I Love Rocky Road - "Weird Al" Yankovic
75. The Jolly Green Giant - The Kingsmen
76. Jingle Bells - Singing Dogs
77. Highly Illogical - Leonard Nimoy
78. Martian Hop - The Ran-Dells
79. Earache My Eye - Cheech & Chong
80. Star Trekkin' - The Firm
81. Hamster Love - Big Daddy
82. Barbie Girl - Aqua
83. Yogi - Ivy Three
84. Addicted To Spuds - "Weird Al" Yankovic
85. Cause I'm A Blonde - Julie Brown
86. Gumball Wizard - Brad Stanfield
87. Pencil Neck Geek - Fred Blassie
88. I Saw Elvis In A U.F.O. - Ray Stevens
89. Everybody's Free (to wear sunscreen) - Baz Luhrmann
90. I Think I'm A Clone Now - "Weird Al" Yankovic
91. Mr. Jaws - Dickie Goodman
92. Life Sucks, Then You Die - The Fools
93. Telephone Man - Meri Wilson
94. Halloween Dance - Reverend Horton Heat
95. Elvis Was A Narc - Pinkard & Bowden
96. I'm A Nut - Leroy Pullins
97. My Boomerang Won't Come Back - Charlie Drake
98. Wet Dream - Kip Addotta
99. Gimme Dat Ding - The Pipkins
100. I Farted on Santa's Lap (Now Christmas is Gonna Stink for Me) - The Little Stinker

No comments: