Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

How can you reason with this?

On Mondays Drew has Discovery Club which means he is in school from 9-12 and it's a fun day of science and experiments. He loves it BUT he is ravenous when it's time to leave. Literally from the time I enter the room I hear "I'm HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGRY." Generally it's straight to lunch as soon as I have him in tow.


Today we decided to head over to Spring Creek BBQ because he wanted "ham" for lunch. We got our food, sat in the booth... and he didn't blink an eye.. he ate like a CHAMP!

We'd eaten and then he'd crawled under the table to go to the other side of the booth. This is what he does when HE is done so that you become increasingly annoyed and then leave -- giving him HIS way but honestly, he WAS tired -- he WAS worn out -- and by then ... it WAS time to leave. I suggested, like any mother would in my shoes, "lets go home and take a nap." After all, THIS was the only free time I'd get all day.


He, of course, in his usual stubborn self while being carried to car, with clenched fists while rubbing his eyes whines, "I don't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant to take a nap."

I told him, "you have to take a nap if you want to grow. Your body only grows when you rest." Sounds good doesn't it?

"I want to play baseball."

"You can play baseball after you nap." Why I'm trying to REASON with a 4 year old I have no idea. Poor thing...

So I'm driving home and I turn on his favorite cd -- Lots and Lots of Firetrucks... and he puts his hands over his ears and says very sternly, "I told you to turn the music off! You're hurting my ears."

I said, "Well, excuse me Napoleon! But we don't ask for ANYTHING in MY car like that." I turned the music up.

He says, "Pwease turn it off."

I oblige.

So we are driving in silence for at good 30 seconds when he mumbles clear as day....

"I don't WANT TO grow."

I laughed ALL THE WAY HOME!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute!
Did he take a nap?

chksngr said...

If I had that much fun, I wouldn't want to grow either.

Well..ok...honestly, I STILL don't want to grow, and I'm not sleeping much...so...I think your theory has holes...hee hee

Wait...does FOOD have anything to do with this growing thing?