Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Five Question Friday

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then link up to My Little Life (below)!

1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood? One thing... yeah, right! Honestly, I miss having really close friends. You know, the kind you quanitify as in, she's my BEST friend. And she's my "bestest" friend.

When I was a kid, the days seem like they lasted forever.

We didn't worry about "grown up stuff."

We never considered our best friends might move away.

Everything seemed much simpler then.

I think it's just the complete lack of "adult" responsibility and the total idea of trying to cram as much fun into one day as possible.

We would leave the house in the morning and were told to be home when the porch light came on. Do that now with MY children? FUGGETABOUT IT! I can't imagine not knowing where my children are. Child predators, kidnapping, exploitation and all that crazy crap... you have to be a mother hen (to some degree)... As such, I feel they'll never know that real freedom of youthful summers.

BUT, if I have to pick one thing... it's my grandma. She WAS my best friend. She taught me to cook.. and clean.. and sew (not that I can very well, but that's not the point).. to crochet (not that I remember doing anything other than really long chains!) and cared for me and cried for me and loved me and... she was so amazing. I miss her.

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school? Thanks to Face Book, isn't everyone?


3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it? "Psyche." I can't believe people still say that.


4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"? Man, I could SO go downhill with this because of the OBAMANATION that's currently happening...but I'll keep it on the lighter side and think... The Statue of Liberty. We take in everyone... and we don't care how bad it makes it for the rest of us. Just send us everyone and we'll provide. Yeah... what an American way.


5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans? Well, seeing that I have a temperamental 3 month old who enjoys his baths between 8 and 9pm...is ready to be put into clean jammies and rocked for 38.5 minutes after which he anticipates clean sheets in which to slumber peacefully on, I will be taking care of Captain Pampers. Andy, however, is taking the boys to see a BIG fireworks show on Saturday and then to some family friends house who have a big party every years with a water slide and Andy lets the boys light their own fireworks.

Come join the fun each Friday at My Little Life

1 comment:

chksngr said...

:::SNORT::: PSYCH!!! that's funny...does anyone over 12 use that still? Really??? lol...it has to be perpetuated by men in sports...lol...

I see we answered a lot of questions in a similar manner...

Truely great minds!! :-)