Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

5 Question Friday



Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then link up to Five Crooked Halos (below)!

1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet? I guess I feel quite fortunate that it's not a courage factor for me to not try something because anything I have WANTED to try, I have. There are certainly things I would like to try but because of finances, timing or scheduling I was unable to. So, most of my untried "things" are usually because of those factors and not because of because of fear. I'm pretty fearless when it comes to doing what I've set my mind to do.


2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on? Seriously? I would call my husband and tell him. I wouldn't have to hide it. And, I'd probably just keep it in my purse and save it for incidentals... I'm not a big shopper. I'd prefer to use it where we need it -- diapers, milk, gas, dinner out, etc.


3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child? I remember a swing set my grandmother had in her back yard that we would swing for hours on. It wasn't anything fancy like these elaborate models of today's time. It consisted of two swings and that was it.


4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast? I prefer a hearty one hands down. Give this girl some scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon and I'm set! The only draw back is that after eating THAT heavily, I tend to be tired again. Typically when I make homemade waffles or pancakes, I don't even EAT breakfast with them. However, on the rare occasion that I do, I top mine with berries that have been heated which creates a natural "syrup" or with fresh strawberries (on my pancakes). Because, face it, there's not much that doesn't go well with fresh strawberries! Oh how I love summertime.


5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy? Truth be known, I'm a NEAT FREAK but you'd never know by looking at my house right now. After having a child -- even though he's two months old -- it takes a while to get on any sort of schedule again. I've got piles of crap in every room. The formal living room has two or three HUGE bins of stuff we're getting rid of. Should I have a garage sale or should I list it individually on e-bay or Craig's List? I dunno -- which is why it's sitting there. The playroom -- explosion of Tinkertoys and Legos. The kitchen is something I've at least tried to maintain some resemblance of order within. The family room -- piles of books that I'm selling and a Bombay chest full of decorative accents that are pretty but that I don't know where to place them in my home. The bedroom... ugh.. So, I'm actually a neat freak supreme but by necessity I'm just letting go of my freakishness right now so that I can just live life.

I'm linked to: My Little Life

2 comments:

Mary C. said...

Girl, we are so alike. I am like you...if I want to do something, I do it. If anyone tells me I shouldn't or can't do something, then I most certainly WILL do it to prove them wrong.

VandyJ said...

We say we live in our house too. As long a the clutter doesn't get too far ahead of us we do OK. Tha's why we like to have people over frequently--it makes us clean up.