Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I found a new meme source for Sundays -- since I'll be busy on Sunday due to Mother's Day, this WILL be posted late. :) But, better late than never, huh?

1. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book? I would have to stick with Put Me In The Zoo or The Cat In The Hat. I'm a huuuuuuge fan of the Seusster and absolutely love his works.

2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be? Well, since I don't watch any TV series (other than Ellen or American Idol), it'd be virtually impossible for me to know what anyone's homes look like.

3. What's the longest you've gone without sleep? I'd have to say about 2 days... not by choice... why anyone would do drugs to make them stay up for days on end is just complete lunacy to me.

4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? So, you think I'm a fanilow of Mainlow, do ya? Well, I am. I do like Barry. I'd have to say... gosh..that's hard too. I like "Mande" or "I Write the Songs" or "Copacabana." Those are all good tunes!

5. Who's your favorite Muppet? This was on another meme recently. I like Grover, Cookie Monster and Elmo. Grover because he's sweet, innocent and thinks he's a super hero. Cookie Monster because, face it, who isn't a fan of CM? And Elmo because of the fun I had with my boys while they loved the furry red monster.

6. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking? Truth be known, I've never really had any bad habits. I don't bite my nails. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't compulsively do anything... Maybe my shopping habit... scrapbook supply hoarding. I quit all my kit clubs (begrudgingly so) but I did it!

7. What's your favorite website? My blog is my favorite website because that's where I'm able to have creative freedom with content (although I'd totally choose another design).

8. What's your favorite school supply? I absolutely love the smell of a new box of Crayola crayons!

9. Who's your favorite TV attorney? Proud to say, I don't know of a single one. Ha ha..

10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles? Wow, when have I been an hour from home recently??? I haven't. How sad. LOL

11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop? When I went to Canton, I got a beautiful wall hanging that I absolutely love for $60. In stores, it'd be about $300.

12. Where were you on September 11, 2001? I was in my house sleeping. I had been let go from my job at Locke Liddell and was home with walking pneumonia. Josh had bronchitis. My friend, Travis, called and said, "Get up, a plane just flew into the Trade Center in NYC." I was foggy headed and went into the living room, turned on the TV and basically sat there transfixed for the rest of the day while Josh played around me. He was about 2 years old at the time.

13. What's your favorite tree? Pecan trees! YUM. Though, apple trees are a close second.

14. What's the most interesting biography you've read? I'm not a big biography reader because I don't necessarily believe everything IN the biographies... historical biographies are, to me, a little dry. I enjoyed the one I read of Abraham Lincoln. I've read one about Marilyn Monroe also that was interesting. There's one on Oprah coming out but who knows if it will contain truth or fiction since she slaps everyone that comes within ten feet of her with a confidentiality agreement.

15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food? I love almond chicken or sesame chicken. I prefer steamed rice (less fat) but sometimes DO splurge on fried rice to accompany it.

16. What's the best costume you've ever worn? I haven't worn many costumes as an adult because I think it's dumb to spend so much money on something you're only going to wear once -- ever. Especially when you're having to costume two boys. As a child I had a Raggedy Ann doll that my grandmother made for me. A few years, I wore my doll's clothes as my costume along with a red wig. I was the cutest Raggedy Ann ever. I was a hobo one year and a black cat one year too. As an adult... honestly, I can't ever remember having dressed up once. So, I guess the best would be the Raggedy Ann costume because it was both handmade and my favorite as a child.

17. What's your least favorite word? I hate when people take the Lord's name in vain. That is my least favorite phrase... a close second would be "Mom" but said in WHINE... all mom's hate *that* word said *that* way.

18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be? Georgia I suppose because I don't "feel" like a "Virginia" much. I do think Montana would be a cool name... for someone else.

19. Who's your favorite bear? Winnie the Pooh, of course.

20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation. I don't even know how to answer this! Ha! This question has happened to me and as such, I have no explanation! How's that?

21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be? There are so many places I'd like to visit in Africa but because of the Muslim extremists living there and the genocide going on in the Sudan... I find that it'd be an extremely scary place to go. Egypt is somewhere I've always wanted to go. The history there is just mind boggling. I'd love to see Morocco as well. One thing I do hate about Africa is that when I just hear the name of the continent, I think of starving children and corrupt government and genocide.

22. What did you have for lunch yesterday? To be completely honest, I have no idea. :) Ha ha..

23. Where do you go for advice? I go to my friends or my mother in law.

24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? The dictionary, though I should probably utilize the thesaurus more often to expand my vocabulary.

25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving? Snorkeling, yes -- in Jamaica and Hawaii. Scuba diving-no.

I'm linked to: Sunday Stealing



No comments: