Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Five Question Friday



Questions for Friday, November 19th:


1. What Christmas song do you loathe? I absolutely love Christmas songs but there are some that seriously make me want to puke. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.... I mean, what the hell? Seriously, it's a song abut Christmas, not your old granny gettin' plowed down by Rudolph!?! Sip some egg nog brotha and find a better lyric!

Or, the ever popular, "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" They seem to play the heck out of that song and it equally makes me want to rip my arm off and beat the radio with it.

It IS just.THAT.BAD!


2. Do you and your significant other cuddle at night or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? When we're in the same bed we generally share a snuggle before I lapse into a coma and take over the middle... and my side.... and some of HIS side of the bed. I'm a bed hog, but it's only out of necessity since all the covers seem to wind up on his side.


3. Have you ever had surgery? When I was a little tater tot, I had surgery to remove a birth mark on my nose. Other than that I've had LASIK done on my eyes and my wisdom teeth removed (oral surgery).


4. When do you typically have your holiday shopping done? Never. I'm always looking for the BBD! (Bigger Better Deal!) I buy stuff throughout the year and then forget what I have which leaves a ton o'stuff at Christmas. I tend to buy a lto of clothes for my oldest which, to me, isn't what Christmas is all about so it's not fair that he gets so many more boxes b/c he's getting clothes...so I have to even it out so I buy Drew a few more things. It snowballs. I gotta figure out a better way but watching them get so elated just thrills me and makes me happy!


5. If money were not an issue (and you HAD to pick something), what would your ultimate luxury item be? Wow... a luxury item...as in something tangible.

A new car? No, that's silly. Instantly my thought went to a new camera... but it'd have to have ALL the bells and whistles and a completely new set of lenses with it to play with. So is that an "item" or would that be "itemS?" Hmm...

A travel trailer? Naaa...that's not "luxury."

Hmm...jewelry? Naah... who cares... I'm not flashy....

... Gosh, I'd have to settle for a beautiful farm house or a cabin in the mountains... with heated slate floors, exposed beam ceilings, and an AMAZING kitchen with stone facade... NO crown molding.. I want it cozy and lived in not stoic and museum-like.

Maybe I need to win Publisher's Clearing House and I'll get them both...

...and a new car...

...and one of those big huge checks made out of foam board. Wouldn't that be fun trying to cash that at the drive thru teller?



No comments: