Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness with Donald Trump



Today we picked Donald Trump. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “A little more moderation would be good. Of course, my life hasn't exactly been one of moderation.”
Do you live your life by moderation or extremes? Moderation, definitely. Extremes generally means drama. I don't do drama.

2. “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected.”
Have you ever thought someone was flirting with you in a work environment? What happened? Yes... and we were both single and wound up dating for a long time. I think people sometimes just flirt just TO flirt without having expectations of anything. But, I just tend to think that everyone is friendly. At least... they should be.

3. “As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.”
Have you ever “thought big” and you wound up crashing and burning? No. Amazing, that I'm just that good, huh? :)

4. “Everything in life is luck.”
Do you believe in luck? If not, do you feel it all happens to us for a reason? Apparently if you're Christian, you can't believe in luck because God knows precisely what is going to happen to you at any given moment. Now, I'm Christian and frankly, I don't buy into that part of it so, yeah. I do believe that sometimes things happen just by dumb luck.

5. “Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make.”
Have you ever benefited big time because you declined an offer, investment, job (Well you get the idea.)? Absolutely. I agree that you DO have to listen to your gut. I think that's God's way of talking to you through an inner voice. People think instinctly with their gut and then use their heads and/or their hearts to reason it out another way. 99.9% of the time I go with my gut -- I've never ever been led astray. I've benefited from declining a job offer... absolutely...

6. “I don't make deals for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it.”
Tell us about someone that you know that has all the money they need. I don't know anyone that HAS all the money they need. I don't know celebrities. People still need to pay taxes, have money to afford health care and insurance and all that good stuff... I guess my parents have all the money they need since they're both retired and living on that. They don't need any more than they have.

7. “I have made the tough decisions, always with an eye toward the bottom line. Perhaps it's time America was run like a business.”
Do you think running your country like a business would be a good thing? ABSOLUTELY! If a business was run like our government -- it wouldn't BE in business!

8. “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is.”
Do you live in the past in any way? Hmmm... I don't see myself aging when I look in the mirror because I look there every day. I live in the past at times reminiscing about my boys (Josh and Drew) being babies... but "live" in the past. Naaah... there's too much fun to be had in the here and now.

9. “If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable.”
How are you at balancing work and pleasure? My work IS my pleasure. :) I love being a wife and a mom and a taxi and a chef and a therapist and a doctor and a counselor and a cheerleader....

10.“Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.”
Tell us about a time that you won the battle but lost the war. You know.. rehashing defeats isn't healthy. Learn and move on... so... lets do just that. :)

2 comments:

brandt! said...

I love this post ... it's copy and paste time!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I love when you do this :).

Move on that is a hard one for me :)