Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Rock N Roll Fridays with Led Zepplin


Today we picked Led Zeppelin.

1. BLACK DOG “Take too long before I found out, what people mean by down and out. Spent my money, took my car…”
When was the last time you were down and out?
By the grace of God, I've NEVER been down and out. I may have felt it from time to time but I have never actually been it.

2. DAZED AND CONFUSED “Oh I don’t like when you’re mystifyin’ me. Oh don’t leave me so confused, now whoa baby. Been dazed and confused for so long…”
What leaves you dazed and confused?
Arrogance. Seriously, the audacity of others' arrogance leaves me utterly baffled.

3. FOOL IN THE RAIN “Another 10 minutes no longer, and then I’m turnin around. The clock on the wall’s moving slower, oh my heart it sinks to the ground…”
Have you ever been “stood up”?
Yes, and it sucks. He was promptly kicked to the curb.

4. IMMIGRANT SONG “On we sweep with, with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore. So now you better stop and rebuild all your ruins…”
How do you feel about immigration into the USA?
I feel that our country is a symbol of hope for the hopeless. However, there should be rules. For there to be more rights for people who are NOT citizens of this country rather thanfor those that ARE is preposterous! ILLEGAL immigrants... are... ILLEGAL. Hence the name. Why it's so hard to understand that is beyond me.

We shouldn't celebrate -- as a country -- OTHER country's national holidays. Let them celebrate those in their own country or as a group together but we shouldn't be recognizing that.

I don't think illegals should be given free ANYTHING.... no free healthcare -- that is BULLSHIT.... no free food, free housing... NOTHING. IF there are Americans homeless, sick and starving and you're giving out free food, shelter and healthcare to the illegals -- we have a problem.

It is not our job, either, to educate ILLEGAL children. I wonder how well our schools would be in Texas if the teachers weren't forced to try to learn Spanish to communicate with children that shouldn't BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! It's not the teachers JOBS to learn Spanish to communicate with ILLEGAL CHILDREN IN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM.

The anchor baby law needs to be repealed.... it was established during a time of slavery... that time is long gone and the anchor baby clause should be gone as well.

I believe we have room in our society for other cultures and for immigrants...but if YOU choose ... CHOOOSE to come to our country...to be an AMERICAN citizen... you need to CHANGE to be an AMERICAN living in America. I"m not saying lose your culture or heritage but don't expect ME to learn Spanish to be able to communicate with YOU.... I could go on forever about this...

Ugh... It seriously pisses me off.

5. KASHMIR “I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been. To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen…”
Have you ever visited someone in a nursing (old age) home?
Yes, it's a horrible place to be. My paternal grandmother ("Mawmaw") was in a nusing home. Her's was okay (from what I saw). The one my grandfather was in was gross. His bathroom smelled of urine. The old man across the hall would just yell and talk and scream all the time. It was small... it was old... it was so sad. I don't ever want my parents in such a place. It's such a horrible way to exist.

6. MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP “Crowds of people sittin on the grass with flowers in their hair said Hey boy, do you wanna score?”…
Have you ever done something because of “peer” pressure?
I'm sure I did but nothing notable or of any real circumstance (ie. drugs, drinking, smoking or illegal activity). Mine would have been some stupid fashion trend or to dislike someone because another friend didn't like her. Something stupid like that. I've never been afraid to tell someone "no" and mean it...and if they didn't LIKE that I said "no" to tell them to piss off.

7. RAMBLE ON “A ramble on, and now’s the time the time is now. Sing my song, I’m goin round the world to find my girl”
Where is the oddest place you went to on a date?
I must have a horrible memory or just be boring becuase I can't think of anywhere "odd" that I went on a date. My dates were all "normal" date places -- movies, dinner, concerts, outdoor events, etc.

8. ROCK N ROLL “Ho, it’s been a long time since we walked in the moonlight, a-makin vows that just can’t work right, haw haw, yeah yeah open your arms, open your arms, open your arms, let my love come runnin in…”
What’s the last romantic thing you did (besides sexual)?
I like to think that I take the time to do something romantic every day for my love. Is "sweet" and "romantic" the same thing... I send him e-mails to tell him how much I love him... when he's least expecting it. I'll scratch his back when he's not expecting it. I make his coffee for him on the weekeneds... if I see he's out of something, I'll fill it back up or get him a new one.

9. STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN “There’s a lady who’s sure, all that glitters is gold, and she’s buying a stairway to heaven…”
What did you last buy? Was it on Black Friday?
I bought Josh some clothes (he grows so fast and is the oldest so no hand-me-downs for him to get), me some Cricut cartridges and Andy a couple of NEW pair of jeans that AREN'T his tapered leg 80's style Levi's LOL). We'll see how THOSE are received.

10. THANK YOU “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. If the mountains should crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me…”
What is the longest relationship you have ever had? The longest relationship I've ever have would have to be with Shannon Fry -- who was my childhood best friend since I was 5. That'd be 32 years I've known her. After that, it'd be Lori Hines (about the same amount of time)... Elaine Branch... scratch a few years off that... maybe 27 or 28 years. Then we go to the relationships from junior high...that are still "tight" like my best friend Gene Penrod... we've been close BFFs since 6th or 7th grade.

If you're talking relationship with the opposite sex... it'd be my marriage (if you include courtship)

11. THE LEMON SONG “I work as hard as I can-a. I bring home my money, you take my money, give it to another man. I should have quit you baby-a such a long time ago…”
Have you ever loaned money to someone?
Yeah, and it never got paid back... so never again.

12. THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME “You don’t know what you’re missin now. Any little song that you know. Everything that’s small has to grow. And it has to grow!”
Do you have plants in your house?
Not real ones... I have a black thumb.

13. WHOLE LOTTA LOVE “You’ve been learnin and baby I been learnin, all them good times, baby baby I’ve been discernin…”
What is the last class or course you studied?
English... got a 96... maintained my 4.0 baby!

1 comment:

DJ KathyA said...

You and I are the same with green thumbs...err uh, black thumbs. I can handle silk plants and maybe bamboo, cuz you only need water. I know what you mean about the immigration thing. I find it rude when I am at work with someone and they talk in another language to each other in front of me. Have a great week. Thanks for playing my meme. : )