Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A season of thanksgiving... day 11

I'm thankful for...

... storage bins. With having three boys from sizes 6 months to 14/16, it's nice to be able to STORE the ones I don't need in the attic until I DO need them.

... days when I have the car to myself for a quick trip so I can blare the radio.

... finding that perfect song to blare on the radio.

... cloudy, over-cast days because it makes you appreciate the sun shine that much more.

... rock n roll. I love rock music. It makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, I love country, too, but there's nothing like good rock!

... Pampered Chef. have tons of their cooking things. My favorite is this star looking plastic/silicone thing that you use for cooking hamburger meat. It's SO FREAKIN' AWESOME! I never have lumps ... ever! I highly suggest you get one.

... Fall. Although you can't tell if it wants to be fall or spring in Texas right now, I love the colors of the leaves, the chill in the morning air, the squirrels busy stuffing their faces and their burrows. I love the northern winds, the idea of Thanksgiving coming up around the corner. I love pumpkins, gourds and decorating with Indian corn.

... simplicity. I'm not flashy. I'm not over-the-top. I like things plain and simple without a lot of fuss.

... black. I love the color black. It goes with everything. It's slimming. No one looks bad in the color black. I love my cars black. I love my purses black. I love my mascara black... now my food, I don't mind it blackENED but... not black!

...our Veterans for without them, we wouldn't be free

2 comments:

brandt! said...

Colors in Texas?? Woman .. I must have been in the wrong part! All we had was 105 and occasional snow! We had no colors... EVER!
and Pampered Chef ... ahhh .. I have that magical tool! The garlic press is my favorite and most used... I think you should rock to "back in black" by Simon Wright while you cruise by yourself!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

hehe blackend food yup that is were I draw the line also :).

I'm so going to a pampered chief party on Sunday ... They suck me in each time.