Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness with Boy George

Today we picked Boy George. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “I can do anything. In GQ, I appeared as a man.”
What have you done that really surprised people?
Easy, I got divorced. In one of my old jobs -- I've done lots of things that surprised people. For instance, I've talked to a woman who just shot her husband. I talked to a man going into a diabetic coma. I helped coordinate a rescue of a girl trapped in her car basically waiting to die during a blizzard.

2. “I suppose there is a lot of toughness in me.”
What was the last thing that happened that showed you how tough you are?
I squeezed an entire person out of me. I think that's pretty freakin tough!

3. “I try to exist in a world where there is freedom of opinion, where you're allowed to make jokes. I don't want to live in some PC world where no-one's allowed to say anything.”
What do you think about being PC (politically correct)?
I think POLITEness has been confused with POLITICAL CORRECTness. It's one thing to be polite, it's quite another to be PC. There are lots of ways that you can still be who you are, think what you want and still be POLITE, as you SHOULD be. However, I don't feel anyone is under any obligation to succomb their feelings just for the sake of being politically correct.

Our country is/was under attack from Muslim extremist terrorists. However, because of political correctness, we can't target JUST THEM as potential terrorists because that's discrimination and racial profiling. Because of being politically correct, my (then) toddler son gets a secondary (and I think a third) search at an airport security checkpoint. Yeah, there are LOTS of Caucasian toddlers waiting to blow up buildings.

Frankly, being politically correct is stupidity in it's purest form. Have an opinion. Grow a pair! Stand up for what you believe in. Quit bowing down to the masses just cuz you're afraid you might hurt someone's feelings. There is no guarantee you won't be offended about something but it's not anyone's job to censor themselves out of everything in life on the off chance SOMEONE may be offended because you refuse to be "politically correct".

4. “I find it difficult to say this, but I'm quite a loving person and I've always been loving to my friends. In the long run, that pays off. I'm very interested in other people, and if you are, they're interested in you.”
Do you have an easy time making friends? Sure!

5. “Remember that I was out of the closet at the age of sixteen. My parents knew I was gay; I'd had to tell them.”
At what age and situation were you in when you “came out”, in the sense of true honesty, with your parents? Well, I'm not gay. To me the very essence of the quoted statements MEANS to tell people that you're gay. However, in the spirit of the question... I can't be sure. I think at some point you just reach a place in your life where you just speak your mind and realize that petty guilt trips and head games won't work on you anymore. Generally speaking, those that depended on them will get ticked but in the grand scheme of things, it's better for everyone to be true to yourself like that and not let others impact your state of being.

6. “People say things about me all the time and I get over it. I've had some appalling things told about me.”
What is the worst lie that was told about you that you felt compelled to respond to? If it mattered, I would have remembered. Therefore, that's proof positive that a) it didn't matter enough to even let it phase me; and b) I don't have the energy to hang onto such petty crap.

7. “I'd rather have a cup of tea than sex.”
Are there a lot of things more important than sex to you? Of course, life isn't all about sex... Sex is something that helps make your life complete and more deep when you have a mate but that alone shouldn't do anything to define your life.

8. “I knew style and content went hand in hand.”
What celebrity do you find that their sense of style speaks to you? Lady Gag-me for sure! I love the thought of wearing wigs, meat, grass and 12" platform shoes.

9. “In the '60s everybody wanted to be the Beatles or the Stones, in the '70s there were bands everybody tried to emulate, like Led Zeppelin. And I think in the '80s you had lots of bands that had quite individual sounds, ... '80s Rewind.”
What do you think about today's music? How does it compare to what you consider YOUR day? Today's music... I wouldn't know because I don't listen to it. I hit a point a few years ago and I just quit listening to pop music for the most part. I don't feel a connection with a 15 year old belting out love songs. LONG LIVE HAIR BANDS!

10. “Most psychiatrists or analysts are a waste of time.”
What do you think about shrinks and psychologists? They are getting paid to be the devil's advocate to get you to think about how to really be your true self. If you need to pay someone to help build your confidence or learn some people skills, who am I to balk at that? Sometimes, people just need someone to talk to.

Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!

2 comments:

Brandt! said...

1. You must have been a 911 operator!!
2.Is that like the St Bernard through the cat door?
3.I love your response to this post. ..I would copy and paste this if I did the meme! Very well said!!
8. Woman, You've left me speechless!!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Those are some interesting quotes to change into questions!