Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Rock N Roll Fridays with Stevie Wonder

Today we picked Stevie Wonder.

1. I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU “I just called to say I love you. I just called to say how much I care. I just called to say I love you, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart”
What did your last conversation revolve around on the phone? I talked to my mom at about 9:40 this morning when she called to tell me a Christmas project the boys had worked on at her house was ruined and they'd have to do it over.

2. SUPERSTITION “When you believe in things That you don't understand, Then you suffer, Superstition aint the way”
Do you have a crazy habit or superstition you must perform in certain situations, such as throwing salt over your should when you spill it? Nope. Not at all. I'm not superstitious.

3. SIR DUKE “Music knows it is and always will Be one of the things that life just won't quit But here are some of music's pioneers That time will not allow us to forget”
If you had to pick a music milestone event or invention, what would it be? Just for the record, this is one of THE best songs by Stevie Wonder... like... ever! It's one of my absolutely favorite songs from my childhood! That being said, I don't really get what this question is asking.... is it asking what milestone I wanted to be PRESENT for or something I'd like to invent or a genre or style??? I don't get it.... I'll skip it...but it's still one of my favorite songs!

4. YOU ARE THE SUNSHINE OF MY LIFE “You are the sunshine of my life, yeah, That's why I'll always stay around, You are the apple of my eye, Forever you'll stay in my heart”
What besides your significant other brings sunshine to your life? Hands down, my children and my dogs... in that order, obviously.

5. LIVING FOR THE CITY “Her brother's smart he's got more sense than many, His patience's long but soon he won't have any, To find a job is like a haystack needle, Cause where he lives they don't use colored people”
Have you ever been denied a job or treated differently at a job for an unusual reason ? Not that I'm aware of.

6. THAT GIRL “That girl thinks that she's so smart, That soon she'll have my heart. She thinks in no time flat, That she'll be free and clear to start”
Ever been pursued by someone who wanted you but you didn’t want them? Um... yeah, it's really uncomfortable to be in that position, too. Even when you're BLUNT and very outright like I am.

7. I WISH “I wish those days could come back once more, Why did those days ev-er have to go
I wish those days could come back once more, Why did those days ev-er have to go
Cause I love them so”
What era of your life do you miss the most? You know, it's not really an era of life, I just miss my grandmother being alive. I miss being able to call her and visit her and sit at her kitchen table and share a Diet Coke with her. I miss her cooking and her little house... I miss her aprons and her favorite perfume "Beautiful". She was that...

8. HIGHER GROUND “Powers keep on lyin', While your people keep on dyin', World keep on turnin', Cause it won't be too long”
Do you believe global warming will continue to worsen? I don't believe in global warming anymore than I believe in the Easter Bunny. It was already proven that the scientists invalidated the data by putting what they wanted into their studies. If an unbiased study comes out, I may pay attention but I can't see how anything we're currently doing to the planet is good at all... burying the trash, drilling in the oceans, tons of cars, smog, killing forests, making plastics... something's eventually gotta give...

9. PART TIME LOVER” We are undercover passion on the run. Chasing love up against the sun, We are strangers by day, lovers by night. Knowing it's so wrong, but feeling so right.”
Have you ever dated someone you shouldn’t have because they were married or “taken”? Nope.

10. SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED ” Then that time I went and said goodbye, Now I'm back and not ashamed to cry. Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!”
Ever try it again with an old flame? What happened? It never works. Ok, I won't say "never" but I'd venture to say about 99.99999% of the time it never works. One of you won't be able to let go of the crap that started the issues that you're supposed to forgive them for. Eventually, SOMEONE has to grow up and move on. It's never the same the second time around.

11. MY CHERIE AMOUR “Maybe someday, you'll see my face among the crowd. Maybe someday, I'll share your little distant cloud. Oh, cherie amour, pretty little one that I adore, You're the only girl my heart beats for, How I wish that you were mine”
Who was your very first crush? Did they return the emotion? I want to say it was Robert Antonetti in 4th grade. Yes... he wound up being my first boyfriend.

12. GOLDEN LADY “Golden lady, golden lady I'd like to go there. Take me right away.”
Ever get a tanning salon/ fake tan? Do you still worship the sun? I have gotten a fake bake before. It's the only time in my life I had a tan. I have a moon tan now but I think it helps me stay younger looking because I certainly don't have the wrinkles and sun damage a lot of my friends do.

13. ALL IN LOVE IS FAIR “I tossed my coin to say In love with me you'd stay. But all in war is so cold
You either win or lose. When all is put away, The losing side I'll play. But all is fair in love…”
What is the worst aspect of breaking up/divorce? I guess it would depend on whom you're asking this of... are you asking the one that is being broken up WITH or Divorced? Or the one that is moving on... or in terms of fall-out? I think the fall-out CAUSED from the divorce... feeling like certain people have to make alliances... you could lose friendships... if it's an unwanted divorce... the pit of depression this puts you in... has to just suck the life out of your life.

1 comment:

DJ KathyA said...

Thanks April for playing my meme. I enjoyed reading your answers. : ) The question about music milestone meant something very important in history of music to you, such as USA FOR AFRICA or Woodstock or the first rock n roll record ever made. I agree with your golabal warming speech and it was really sweet about missing your Gram. Have a great week April!