Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Stealing


Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Shanachie from the blog Quill, Parchment, & Ink: Writings and Ramblings. He explains that he was tagged to do it and then basically tagged the world to do the meme. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!


Sunday Stealing: Another 14 Question Meme

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. Lots of pillows or just one? Describe your pre-sleeping rituals.
My pre-sleeping ritual. Hmmm... well, typically it starts when there is a little person who is not happy with anything. I carry him into the master bath and draw him a nice warm bath. This is followed by tickle time and giggles on the closet floor while we wait for his little tub to fill up. If he's really fussy, it's an almost immediate soak in the tub. I let him sit for a few and splash then gently recline him back and let him have his bath. Once that's done, we snuggle up into a warm towel and head to the changing table for a diaper and some footie jammies. Daddy usually holds him while I throw on some pj's, brush/floss and then locate my alarm clock (a.k.a. Blackberry). Then I place him down in the bed... snuggle up beside him and we fall asleep. He usually has to rock around a little until he decides if it's a left, right or flat back night.

2. What kind of books do you read? I enjoy all different genres of books. I read a lot of parenting books (obviously) but I also enjoy reading cook books. Don't laugh -- it's true! I've found out some great recipes by simply reading a lot of cookbooks. I enjoy comedies and a good thriller. I really like Anne Rice -- the ORIGINAL vampire author. I've never read Twilight though I do own the book. I love classics (well, MY classics!)-- Little Women, The Hobbit, The Chronicles of Narnia and I read a LOT of books to my boys because I want them to learn that there is SO much more to a book than the words. No where else can you be transported by a place limited only by your own imagination --- than between the covers of a book.

3. What are your neighbors like? Neighbors... typical neighbors, I suppose. Some are just the kind you wave "hi" to as you drive by. Some are the kind that have less-than-desirable children. Some are the kind that you'll hang out in your front yard and talk to for a while because they're just so personable. Some are friends you have dinner with regularly. No one is perfect but it's certainly a nice blend of personalities so as not to be boring. Who wants to live in a neighborhood with no drama? I mean, come on! This is the perfect cliche of why Desperate Housewives was such a hit to begin with!

4. What's really creepy to you? The darkness. . . after watching a movie like Paranormal Activity. It's creepy to hear the toilet flush upstairs when you know you're in the house alone.

5. What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction? Well, you know after this post how I really am not a fan of celebrities or anything remotely associated with them. So, honestly, the topic of my current obsession/addiction is to make meaningful memories with my kids and husband. As cliche as it sounds, I want my boys to know fun traditions, love, good food. I am addicted to the "idea" of June Cleaver. I'm FAR from perfect, but I certainly still aim to be.

6. Do you prefer your junk food sweet, salty or savory? As long as it's yummalicious, why limit yourself to just one type? Seriously, don't do it. Choose to be limitless!

7. What was the last thing you expensive bought? I didn't buy it but Andy bought ME a new minivan. Other than that, the last thing I bought were groceries. Ha!

8. What is your greatest fear? I addressed that topic in this post.

9. Do you get cravings? If so, what do you crave? Generally, just quiet every now and then. Peace and quiet... I crave organization. Does that count?

10. What do you do to change your mood? To change my mood generally I just realize how stupid it is to be upset over whatever I AM upset over to begin with. And, holding Ben. You have this little person who only wants to be held and smile at you and for you to smile back. How can you be in a bad mood WHILE you're smiling? If you can, I totally fear you. Because you're the epitome of the devil in disguise!

11. What was the last meal you ate that you loved? I love to cook so that's really not fair. The last meal I ate that I loved was probably when we had the whole family over and I made homemade lasagna, bruschetta, Italian wedding soup and Caesar salad. Talk about a delicious and filling meal.

12. Do you want to learn another language? If so, why? I go back and forth on this because why invest the time and energy when you really need complete immersion to truly become fluent. It's kind of like throwing you in to learn to swim. When you're in that environment, you HAVE to learn or you sink. Here, you can revert back. I have the Rosetta Stone for Spanish--still brand new in the box. Right now it's not a priority because, frankly, I don't need it.

13. What's something that you'd like to say to someone right now? "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.... A.A. Milne, author

14. What are you looking forward to? Getting ahead of the housework, making my grocery list for Thanksgiving, trying the new pumpkin spice muffins I just baked for the firemen, going to the fire station with my Webelos Den to take the Readyman course today.

4 comments:

brandt! said...

YES .. craving organization does count!!! I crave a hairless house .. haha!

Keli said...

OK, I would be FLIPPING OUT if I heard the toliet flush and I knew I was home alone - especially after watching Criminal Minds.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

That's a nighttime routine you'll surely miss one day!

Becca said...

Great answers!
Have a wonderful week!