Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A season of thanksgiving... Day 2

I'm thankful that -- even though today has been spent with a feverish, stuffy nosed can't-breathe-with-my-binkie-in 7 month old and a feverish, barking-like-a-seal 6 year old, a trip to McDonald's to get the newest Megamind-toy-infused Happy Meal put a smile on both their faces. Not because Ben is eating McDonalds, he just likes watching Drew.

I'm thankful for the rain we received today... not the thunder... just the rain. :)

I'm thankful that the nights are getting cool enough to sometimes leave the window open so the room gets nice and chilly which makes you want to snuggle under the covers. It's *almost* time to break out the flannel jammies - my favorite item of clothing that I am ever so thankful for!

I'm thankful for a forgiving heart. It's been tested time and time again and although it's not always immediate, it's always down the road.

I'm thankful to live in America. I'm so proud of this country and the generosity of its people. I'm NOT thankful for our government which is why I'm also thankful for days like today -- VOTE THEM OUT OF A JOB!!!!! Yeah, I just had to go there, didn't I?

I'm thankful for Bluebell ice cream in vanilla. Because sometimes, you just need ice cream therapy.

I'm thankful for a hot shower every day to wake the senses and warm the tootsies.

I'm thankful for boys that are thankful for a hot breakfast (almost) every morning.

No comments: