Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness with Dolly Parton



Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness! We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. The quotes are in bold. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked Dolly Parton. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. "I hated school. Even to this day, when I see a school bus it's just depressing to me. The poor little kids."
What was your worst year in school? Why? I would have to say freshman year at high school. Four years is a huge change for kids to grow both physically and emotionally. When you're a freshman you want to fit in but you're just a big dork. There are so many new faces and there just isn't a comfy-zone to be found.

2. "I still close my eyes and go home - I can always draw from that."
Tell us about YOUR home. My home is a beautiful two story 3800 square foot home in a foofey neighborhood in Keller. Downstairs has a beautiful foyer with cathedral-height ceilings, an AMAZING kitchen with gobs of storage and glossy granite counter tops, a playroom, a formal dining room, a half bath, a family room, a scrapbook room, a breakfast nook, my laundry/utility room as well as the master suite. Upstairs features a beautiful curved staircase with a oak and wrought iron banister that leads up to the "man cave" (the TV room), a reading niche with floor to ceiling bookshelves as well as a bedroom for each of the boys as well as a shelved linen closet. There is one full bath in Josh's room and one full bath that Drew and Ben share with Jack/Jill vanities. It's truly lovely. I'm blessed.

3. "I'm not going to limit myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else."
What have you been told that you couldn’t do, but proved them wrong? Hmm... I'm not sure. Most people know not to tell me that I can't do something.

4. "I'm old enough and cranky enough now that if someone tried to tell me what to do, I'd tell them where to put it."
What was the last incident where you were told what to do and were insulted? I don't get insulted that easily because, frankly, I don't LET people have that kind of control over my emotions. How petty to get upset so easily. HOWEVER, in the spirit of the meme, I will say that I can't think of a time since I haven't done it recently but when calling tech support for computer issues and you're on the phone with someone who SAYS their name is "Tom" but I'm sure it's something that is about 28 letters long with only two vowels. They're reading from a script and telling you to do the most minute things like, "Open the Control Panel by...." And I'm like, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm there and already at the place you WILL be in about 5 more lines... can we skip this?" It's just insulting that I'm THERE and they still have to read to me like I'm an idiot.

5. "If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one."
Have you ever reinvented yourself? How? Anytime you go through a marriage, a birth, a divorce... you're reinvented in a way, so yes. I have had to reinvent myself several times. I like to think that I keep getting better each time. Each season of life brings with it new experiences and challenges... if you don't reinvent yourself somehow, you stagnate and become uninteresting.

6. "If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Thems fightin' words."
Is there a type of music that you hate? I don't "hate" anything. I prefer NOT to listen to classical music as it tends to put me to sleep. I don't like rap music (gangsta rap) as it's just stupid to me. And, while I'm at it, jazz music is kind of like classical... snoooooore.

7. "It's a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I'd be a drag queen."
Have you ever crossed dressed for Halloween or just for the hell of it? Nope. Not at all.

8. "My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order."
What are your weaknesses? Food, family, friendship, internet, Andy (in no particular order).

9. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
Tell us about something that you did that required patience, but was worth it. Finding Mr. Right. There are plenty of people who try to settle for Mr. Right NOW, but waiting for Mr. Right is definitely worth the wait.

10. "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
When was the last time you made a major change in your life? March 26, 2010 when I had Ben.

No comments: