Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Random Saturday

  • I talked to Josh yesterday. I nagged him because he didn't call home on Thanksgiving. Then I thought, why am I making it his responsibility to call me on Thanksgiving? I'm the adult. Duly noted. In all fairness, I didn't really nag him, I just did the "Mommy guilt" thing like, "I sure would have loved to have talked to you yesterday on the actual holiday you know?" He got the point, nevertheless.

  • I'm surprised how one little person can leave bombs in every room all over the entire house. It's like a little road map as to where he's been. I know at some point in time I'll really miss these moments (so they say, I'm seriously doubting whoever they are) but, even while he's little I'd like to have a clean house -- for one day and have it stay that way!

  • I looked at getting Andy a new puppy for Christmas. I can't find any Rot breeders locally so I'm going to take that as a sign.

  • I'm ready to start crib training Ben but we have a drop-side crib -- which have ALL been recalled. I'm scared to death to put him in it until it's fixed so in my bed he stays (for now). Honestly, I love how quiet it is in the room at night. I hate snoring. I LOVE my husband but I seriously CAN.NOT.SLEEP with snoring. It's horrible. I don't know what to do.

  • Josh told me he didn't get to have stuffing on Thanksgiving and that he was bummed. What kind of sick punk doesn't serve stuffing on Thanksgiving? For real. Poor baby, bless his heart. I'll make him some when he gets back.

  • Speaking of dressing - have you ever seen how many recipes are out there for dressing? I mentioned that earlier but it's just crazy to me. Some have oysters in them. Some have sausage in them. Some have chestnuts and cranberries and apples. Some are dry and some are like big plops of chewed up and spit out bread-goo on your plate. Bizarre.

  • I have a love/hate relationship with getting the house decked out for Christmas. In truth, I should be doing it right now, but I'm eating a plate of Thanksgiving leftovers. My first. I"m sure I'll drop something down in the keyboard.

  • I got a catalog from a place called "Pajamagram" where they charge like $45 for a pair of pajamas. I call bull $hit on that. Forty-five dollars for KIDS' pajamas? Someone at Pajamagram has been sniffin the ink too long if they think I'm paying that price.

  • Speaking of, why don't they sell keyboards that you can easily dissemble to clean out all the food you drop down in them?

  • Drew came home today and said that our neighbor left and didn't tell anyone. Why should we care? Because his 4 year old son was then home alone. I don't know what came of that because I can't imagine anyone doing that. They're here playing now. Weird.

  • I'm a recipe collector. I don't know when I'll ever be able to fix all the recipes that sound good to me that I've tagged. I thought saving my recipes into Mastercook 7 was a good thing but now I'm thinking that just printing them off like a normal person and putting them in a binder will be the best thing for me. I guess in some ways, I can't go paperless. I have to have a copy right in front of me. Enter my new idea for recipe organization. I'm going to print off all the recipes that I want to try. They're going to go in a "to try" binder which is organized (with tabs) like a cookbook: Appetizers, Sides and Salads, Soups and Stews, Main Courses, Pasta, Breads, Desserts, etc. I've fallen WAAAAAY off the meal planning wagon and need to hop back on. My on-line bloggy friend Alexis puts me to shame with the amazing things she cooks... at least something new every week she posts. I need to do that! Once I try them and like them then we can sort them into other binders for our "keeper" stash that will go into our regular meal rotation.

  • Ben has started having stinky diapers. I know, who cares, but it's still notable. Yesterday he had 4 Ritz crackers (yes, don't judge, the kid won't eat anything so we tried it just to see. Turns out I'm going to have another cracker-head just like Drew). What an amazing thing those four Ritz can do to the intestines. He's got stinky poo now. Sigh. It couldn't last forever, huh?

  • I'm honesty really sad that he's 8 months old. I never ever realized how fast they grow up and change until I knew that he'd be the very last one. Andy's sure this is "it" for him. I haven't got that feeling yet. Practically speaking, yes, I should be done and know that it's the last and be happy with the three beautiful healthy boys that I have but something inside me just doesn't sit well with that.

  • Andy got a new phone. It's a touch screen. He has a cool twinkling Christmas tree as his background. Mine doesn't do that. He sucks.

  • He bumped a really expensive car at an intersection the other day. I blame it on his phone.

  • My friend Felecia really inspires me... to scrapbook more, to record real meaningful thoughts in my scrapbooks, to be a better Christian. I wonder if she knows that.

  • I miss my on-line friend, Mary. I wonder how she's doing. I haven't heard from her in forever.

  • I want blue Christmas lights up on the house. I hate that I never have blue Christmas lights up on the house.

  • It's 2:05 p.m. and I'm just now eating lunch and I'm still in my pajamas. I love holiday weekends.

  • I wonder what tribeswomen do in those remote jungle locations do for diapers or colicky babies. Do their babies never get ear infections? If they do, do they think their medicine man will chant some incantations and wave some rattle over him and he's all healed?
  • I learned a new trick this holiday. I was making deviled eggs and the first batch of eggs ruined. Ruined? Ruined! How? The shells kept sticking to the egg. It was MADDENING. I just pitched a dozen eggs. Then, I did what every gen-x'r does -- take to the net to find a solution. What did I do differently? 1 tsp of baking soda to the water (to change the pH level) and boiled them for 10 minutes and then transferred them immediately to ice water. THEN, I tapped one side and then the other and blew really hard on the egg and it just kind of FLEW out of the shell. No peeling required. It was quite fascinating. It didn't work on everyone of them but once it did work, I thought I was Bobby Flay.

  • Do you wonder if chefs like him get sick of cooking and just want to swing through and grab a cheeseburger, fries and a Frosty from Wendy's?

  • I like the smell of coffee but I hate the taste.

  • Drew has this bizarre lisp and I correct him all the time on how he enunciates words. I feel badly about doing this (and I know it annoys him) but I want him to speak well.

  • I think people that go cow-tipping should have one of them fall over on them.

  • I wonder if people that spend so much money on shampoo that has all those vitamins and additives in it realize that they're just washing their money down the drain because it's just soap. I've used the cheapie stuff (Suave, Pert, Herbal Essence, Pantene or Finesse) my entire life and I've had hair stylists comment on what great shape my hair was in and inquired about what "product" I used. They were always flabbergasted when I told them, "... the cheap stuff!"

  • I don't watch the news. It's too depressing. I will tune in for the weather, but that's about it.

  • I read the news, however, at times. Only the bizarre headlines... like one I saw today "Will Smith Arrested." Then I realized it was some NFL punk and not "THE" Will Smith. How I'd hate to have a name mix-up like that. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine was dating some guy with a serial killer's name and she tried to get him to change it. Their conversation is hilarious.

    Watch Here


1 comment:

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

That's a lot of random bits to take in all at once! No stuffing for Thanksgiving is crazy. I'd send some of mine over, but I love it too much!

Take care & enjoy those stinky diapers. They say you might miss those.