Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 13

31-day-blog-challenge-march-2013-ad

Day 13 - Do You Have Regret?

Do I have regret?  Deep question.

My gut reaction is to say, "no."  I typically go with my gut because whenever I've listened to it, it hasn't been wrong.  

Although, there are times I have experienced it.... I think most people have had some iota of regret in particular scenarios.

OOOOh I regret mixing shots of tequila with Corona.  

OOOOh I regret wearing those heels dancing.

OOOoooh I regret giving that idiot my number

Oooooh I regret sending that e-mail

Ooooooh I regret saying that

OOOOooooh I regret eating that expired yogurt (yes, I did that... bad bad bad!!!)

I could say that I regret not spending more time with my grandparents... but I think it's truly a lesson learned as an adult... so I don't lose any sleep over it.

However, I think making the wrong choices teaches you.  But, only if you let it.  Beating yourself up over a choice that was... less than favorable... is ridiculous but to let it simmer into all out "regret" is a wasted energy.  

There's nothing you can do about what's in the past.  So, make amends (if need be) and leave it there -- in the past!  

The only heartbreak can be found in any decision that would prompt you to have regret is in not learning from it, letting it go and moving on.

So, regrets... here?  Naaah... ain't nobody got time fo dat!

5 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I'm with you--no regrets.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Amen sister, ok now I must tell my inner catholic grandmother in my head to not judge myself .. lol

benbidder said...

I always eat expired yogurt...ack. I don't want to hear your story about that, lol...
I love your post! :)

ramsaygrace said...

Love it! Your posts always make me laugh. :-)

Paula said...

I agree with you...leave those regrets in the past and move on!