I was a late bloomer to the world of all things "i" insomuch as I was reluctant to evolve. It took time. I was completely happy with my Droid and it's very excruciatingly small amount of memory capacity. It did what I needed it to do.
However, due to some prodding and coaxing and some lengthy conversations with people who apparently care about my technological well-being, I made the jump to the world of the iPhone.
Now, even though the iPhone 5 had come out when I made the leap, I opted for an iPhone 4s. Why? Why not. It was all new to me and frankly, I didn't want to have to live through undiscovered bugs when trying to traverse new technology.
That being said, I have found that it's quite a handy little machine. I feel that I utilize it for more than I ever thought capable... and, lets face it, my case is cool... as is my wallpaper.
Do you know, however, that I have YET to install any music on it? Hmmm...
Anyway, here is a list of 13 applications that I have found to be extremely handy for my journey into the world of the iPhone.
1) Remember The Milk. I am an eternal list maker. It's a sickness. This app allows me to stay on track with all the things that MUST happen in my life on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, annually... you get the idea. It's AWESOME! I keep anything I need a list of here (other than groceries)
2) MyFitnessPal - this is a great place to track all of your foods. They even have a convenient barcode reader which makes entering THAT much easier.
3) SkyView - for when you have nothing better to do than go outside to ... ya know... stargaze. It shows you where all the constellations are, names them even. Very cool. Keeps you out of trouble. ;)
4) WomanLog - For women, obviously. Just good to keep track of things. I'll leave it at that.
5) Shazam - My little sister turned me onto this little gold nugget. Dont know what that song is that's playing on the radio? Just Shazam it! Press the Shazam button, hold it up and it will tell you the artist and song title. It's AMAZING!
6) TED - I can't talk this up enough. Brilliant minds. Captivating videos. Empowering individuals.
7) Flashlight - I get up early and need to be able to see to NOT trip over the large black lumpy rug that is beside my bedside (otherwise known as Moose, my Rottie.) This is a great little app to have ready to light the way.
8) Squaready - for users of Instagram - you just gotta have it. Makes your Instagram photos (which ARE square)... Square ready. Isn't that just a clever play on words?
9) Instagram - I love Instagram. It's a quick way to make a fun memory.
10) Pinterest - if you haven't Pinned, you haven't lived. It's an addictive visual filebox for anything you find on the web. Create virtual filing cabinets (called boards) to fill with whatever subject matter you desire. I have one for just about every holiday... my dream home.... recipes to try.. you name it!
11) Cozi - the best way I know to keep track of my grocery list. It does SO MUCH MORE (family calendar, journal) but I use Google Calendar (unless they're going to get rid of THAT feature too -- jerks!)
12) Merriam Webster - who doesn't love a big dictionary at your fingertips? This is probably my favorite.... truth.
13) Google Drive - because there is no better way to share documents across the net!